Battlestar Galactica: Colonial Shuttle (TOS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Martin Saenger, Jul 27, 2008.

1. But the Colonial Shuttle is finished. In the next days I will release the download. Here some pics from the model.

Attached Files:

2. and the last

Attached Files:

3. clif52

clif52 Banned

Great model, I always loved the ships from the original series. Looks like a great addition to the Battlestar Galactica model set. Now if we can get someone to design a Colonial Warrior laser blaster.
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

By the way, what is the scale? I see the box in one shot, but are the squares inches or centimeters?
  5. theo

theo Member

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Martin I only have two thumbs!
    So two thumbs up what a beauty.
  6. Scale is 1:120. A bit odd, but it was forced by the number of printing sheets available (that model was the free giveaway at the Spacedays 2008 in Darmstadt, 400 kits have been digital offset printed in magazine-form with 8 pages DIN A4, including title and instructions.) Over 240 parts...
  7. dhanners

dhanners Member

When I try to open the files of the model, I get a message telling me that the file is too large to open. And when I try to print out the instructions, it gives my printer a "transmission error" message. Is there some secret I need to know?

Otherwise, thanks for doing the model. This was always my favorite design from BSG. It's so ugly and utilitarian that it's kinda cute....
  8. sherban

sherban Member

Thank you Martin. Fantastic paper model.
  9. theo

theo Member

Thanks Martin,

Looks fantastic!!:thumb:
  10. @dhanners

No secrets! :) It works fine at my computer and I still got no feedback of malfunctions from other user.

11. dhanners

dhanners Member

It wound up opening on my home computers just fine. Beautiful model. I'm impressed.

I'm wondering (and I hope I didn't miss this somewhere) if there is anything special I need to set the printer on to print it out properly on plain ol' U.S.-sized paper.

And it strikes me -- if the thing is 1/120th scale, is there some way I can print it out at 83 percent (if my math is right) to make it 1/144th scale? That'd be a handy scale for it to be in....
  12. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Thanks for a great model Martin!
    I downloaded it and had no problems at all.
  13. dhanners

dhanners Member

I'll bump this back up and pose the question again -- is there any way to get this resized at 83 percent so it would be in 1/144th scale? Other than taking it to a copying shop?
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you martin for another awsome model!!
  15. Hi dhanners,

send me a PM with your email und i will send you the file in 1:144.

Greeting from Germany
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

One way is to print it as a PDF file, then open each page in Photoshop and resize them using the Image-->Size feature. It's a hassle, and you end up with a separate file for each page, which you can be printed to PDF files again and combined (I use PDFedit995 for this), but it can be done.

Another way is to figure out the size, and tell your printer to print the pages at a reduced scale. Not sure how this will work out, I've only done it once, but for me the results were fairly decent.
  17. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Thanx for the stunning model friend! top notch!
  18. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Great work Martin! That's a real beauty!! The texturing is very nicely done. :)
  19. You can open the PNG files directly in Photoshop, no need to print them as PDF first.