Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers Props

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all

I am a new in forum, and like many papercrafts from fictio séries, This week my child ask me to build a Galactica. I search in google and find this forum. I see that are no posts that long time ago, antbody here?

Thanks
Marcelo - Brasil

Hi, Marcelo from Brazil! I am Marcell from Germany (and no, the second "L" is no mistake :cool: )! Welcome to zealot! :wave:

Don't worry, this thread is not dead. I have a lot of new BSG and Buck props on my list but at the moment I'm very busy. Everything is on the back burner for the time being. But rest assured, there will be more. Meanwhile, you are cordially invited to familiarize yourself with the forum. There are many, many exciting things which are as inspiring as they are mind-blowing.

If you are a big Galactica fan you have found the right place to be. Be sure to visit http://stevespaper.com/ for more Galactica greatness, too.

Have fun and enjoy! :wave:

Vahmp

Hi Marcelo (Brasil)!

I'm Vahmp (also from Brasil, São Paulo to be exact. lol)

Welcome aboard/ Bem vindo abordo. rsrsrs

johnmiic

:eek::eek::eek:WOOOWWW!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thank you very much for this!!! I've been looking for specs of the Cargo Sled for months!!!! :inw:

And the episode was "Return of the Fighting 69" starring Peter "Mission: Impossible" Graves!

Well, I guess I know what to build next..!:twisted:

Hey folks! I drew those up after playing around with a lot of oaktag to get the idea of what it would look like. A most difficult ship to figure out because of all the different angles. There's a guy who did a plastic model and he had a different idea for the leading edge of the ship. So my specs might be off slightly. You have to compare with the sled as it was modified in the episode Olympiad.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I read about that. The production team needed a special vehicle for that episode and had no chance to build one in time. So one of the members who had worked on the Trumbull project remembered that there was a similar design. They thought about it and when they realized that it hadn't been shown to the audience yet they decided to "borrow" and use it for "Buck". Recycling at its best! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BSG Star Maps

OK folks, here we go again! :)

When I was watching the original BSG pilot episode again I noticed some items which would be cool to have but which haven't been made so far.

First of all there are the star maps which are seen on the magnificent bridge set and inside the Council's Chamber. There are virtually identical with two exceptions: The main bridge map is HUGE, much wider than the Council's Chambers map (I guess it is at least 4 m wide), and the colours have been switched (orange-red/white ; white/orange-red):

bsg-starmap1.jpg

bsg-starmap2.jpg

I still haven't figured out which material was used for them but it could be a glass window or an acrylic plate (I favour the first since you see one pane shatter in the episode "Fire In Space"). Both are designed similarly: The grid and numbers are glued to the front (obviously using self-adhesive coloured tape), the stars, planets and orbits are glued to the back side. That allowed the production department to easily change the positions of the stars, planets and orbits without damaging the grid pattern by accident. I was very surprised to see that they really changed the position of the stars and orbits from episode to episode to give the impression that the fleet was moving through space.

bsg-starmap3.jpg

This is the "clean" version of the smaller screen. You may use this to create your own star map.

There is a third map with black suns/planets/orbits seen in the scene right before Starbuck, Apollo and Boomer man their Vipers to clear the mine field. Maybe I'll be doing this one as well. :)

The pictures here are a small preview. The original files come as pdf and are in A2 and A3 format. The maps were created in CorelDRAW and can be scaled up / down easily without losing quality since they are vector graphics. You will find them in the Resource section shortly.

Second, I saw something in Adama's quarters which I really missed the zillion times I was watching the show: A very nice set of book separators (don't know if they are called that way ;) ) shaped like an obelisk. These look etremely nice which was the reason for me to make them as well. I am still finding a suitable texture. Once they are ready they will be added to the Resource section, too.

VIDEO_TS (title 0 ch 6 frame 138210).jpg
source: Battlestar Galactica DVD box set / Universal Pictures

CU later! ;)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now I have a question to all of you. There is an item on Adama's shelf which I am unable to define. It looks like a silver plate with a Warthog model on it but that's only a (VERY BAD) guess. Does anybody know what this might be? Maybe anyone has some screenshots from the BluRay?

VIDEO_TS (title 0 ch 6 frame 139667)a.jpg
source: Battlestar Galactica DVD box set / Universal pictures

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
It's the Enterprise!, No wait, it looks more like the Reliant :)

Or it's a bedpan, he was getting on a bit...;)

Apologies for making Star Trek references in a BSG thread. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
These look very cool!!!
I like the star maps.
The obelisk bookend are interesting as well. I would suggest a sand texture for them. You can find free textures on the net.
I am looking forward to seeing these.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Now I have a question to all of you. There is an item on Adama's shelf which I am unable to define. It looks like a silver plate with a Warthog model on it but that's only a (VERY BAD) guess. Does anybody know what this might be? Maybe anyone has some screenshots from the BluRay?

View attachment 139510
source: Battlestar Galactica DVD box set / Universal pictures

What episode is this from?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The pilot episode "Saga of a Star World", most prominently seen when Adama and Tigh are talking about Baltar's intelligence reports.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
OK, I will look through my copy and see if I can figure it out.