Battleship "Schleswig - Holstein"/ GPM Nr.218 /1

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,
I have reduced pictures in this construction report. Now I try the new pictures functioning, then request administrator should show to extinguish you around my complete construction reports of Bismarck and Rodney. Then I will have again a lot burst for new pictures.

With the best greetings
Christoph

R

rickstef

Christoph,

I have increased the attachment space, so you can keep posting pictures.

Rick

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Christoph

Oh but you are so quick at building and as always it looks so perfect !!!!!

Do you repaint the ships boats hulls ?

I look forward already to your next builds.

barry

Wilfried

Aug 20, 2004
Bremen, Germany
Hello Christoph,

your old steamer with guns looks superb. It's a shame, that I can following your progress only on cardmodels.net. The CD with pictures of the Victory and my project "Graf Spee" is on the way to you...

with the best wishes
Wilfried

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hello, Christophe! :D

I always know when you post another update on your amazing builds my eyes will be treated to some extraordinary work...and it has been again this time. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Truly a beautiful model and a feast for all to behold!

One thing I noticed in checking out the Kartonbau postings you had a great shot from forward of the bow before the forward turret was installed...what a great photo, showing the anchor cable and other superb details of the bow and along the casemate decks (is that the correct term?)!

One question, if I might...how did you determine where to rig the funnel stays and how did you carry that out so cleanly and perfectly taunt? Really, there is so much one can learn from a master such as yourself, I do look forward to you threads. I see you have the HMS Victory and Hood on your list of the next projects...that will be another treat to see and I hope to learn a few more tricks from you. :D

Thanks so much!

Cheers!

Jim!

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Christophe

A fantastic build as always, totaly amazing what you do with paper and glue 8)

I look forward to HMS Victory to see how its done, Ive ordered this one so your thread will be of great help in building it.

Keep the threads comeing mate

Rob

murban

Apr 23, 2004
Scheessel, Germany
www.cardinspace.com
Jim, on behalf of Christoph, let me answer your questions.

The placement of the funnel stays was determined from photos of the original. The stays were made from streched plastic sprue - as was the complete rigging by the way. Also on Rodney and Bismarck I used the same material by the way. The plastic (remainders from plastic kits) was carefully warmed and then pulled to the desired thickness.

@Rob: Why not join Christoph and myself to build the Victory together. We plan on doing some detailing work together and it would be even more fun if you would join and take advantage of what we work out.

regards,
Michael (lending Christoph a little bit of English writing)...

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Michael

Thats a dam good idea, I will be over on the other site a fair bit now.

My copy should be here soon, I look forward to learning a lot and having fun doing it.
Are you and christoph going to be using any photo etch parts or scratch building them when needed?

Best regards

Rob

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello Rob,
I am glad that you are present also.
I have stored a few hundred pictures from the ship on CD and
very much detailed architect`s plans
Everything this stands for you to disposal

With the best greetings
Christoph

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Christoph

Thanks mate.

With this ship I have spent a lot of hours walking her decks and have done a little work on her maintenance while my ship was along side in Portsmouth dockyard. I will be back down to Portsmouth in the New Year and will take a load of photos off how she is now.

My copy should be here soon, I don't know if you have yours yet.
I have a block plan in my stash of drawings. This weekend is going to be a block making weekend as I need a lot for the ships I have to build and for a mate on here. So out will come the block jigs :roll:

This is going to be fun :lol:

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
At the risk of digressing from this amazing building thread, may I ask if the HMS Victory kit you fine gentlemen are talking about is the Shipyard kit?

Thanks for the reply, Michael! Using stretched sprue is a superb technique and Christophe has done an outstanding job of it on this and his other models. I did a very elementary job of it way back when in building plastic ship models, so it is a technique I am familiar with, I just plum forgot about it! :eek:ops:

If you fellows build Victory together I hope you remember to give us the link to watch what will be an incredible building thread. :D

Cheers!

Jim

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Congratulations, Christoph, on another flawless build! It's always amazing to see what you can do with paper!

AJ

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello dear friends,
As promised still before Christmas I have built the ship ready.
Here a few photos of my work.
For gallery I do photos with daylight.

A lot of fun while looking.

To merry Christmas
Wishes
Christoph