BattleField 2142 - L-5 Riesig

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaar

Texturing is going well. I am using the ingame texture for my model, but making it fit is hard since my dimensions are not the same as the ingame model but I think it looks pretty close to the ingame model :)

The top of the model and about 3/4 of the legs are done. Then just need to do the mid section.

Will update gain. Sorry about the slow progress.

Attachments

• L5_frnt.jpg
    L5_frnt.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
  • L5_side.jpg
    L5_side.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 37
  • L5_back.jpg
    L5_back.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 31

blaar

sorry I have no new updates. Just got back from vacation so hopefully back to finishing the texuring this week. Unfoliding and beta building shouldnt take long.

crates

This looks great, would love to make one of these for my bro, he's a big fan of the battlefield series.

Keep up the good work.

blaar

Hi Sir. Anymore update on your progress? would love to see your finish model.

Only have to finish texturing a small part then I can copy and flip the rest and import into pepakura and do the unfolding. I have so little time these days but I hope to finish this soon.

I think trying to make the original texture fit to my model is what is time consuming. My model isnt exactly as the ingame model and some parts of the original texture doesn't fit so I must try to improvise. As mentioned I am a total noob :)

I added some more detail parts to the torso area I saw missing from the game. Also re-did a lot of the texturing on the bottom part of the torso and the gun area at the top.

Looking the model over it should be a easy build since I am sticking to a "build a box method" and assemble them all at the end.

Thanks for showing interest.

Attachments

• L5_2010_Front.jpg
    L5_2010_Front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 22
  • L5_2010_Side.jpg
    L5_2010_Side.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
  • L5_2010_Back.jpg
    L5_2010_Back.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 24

blaar

Finally finished the texturing the model and fixed some errors I had in pepa when exporting from SU. Now for the tedious unfolding work. There is 230 parts so yeah. Going to be some work still to be done.

Attachments

• l5_pepa.jpg
    l5_pepa.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 28

blaar

Finished the unfolding work. There are 245 parts and it spans 28 pages. I have no clue what scale it is so I just made it the tallest I could with the biggest part still fitting on a page. So currently it is 25cm tall which should do nicely.

I have never built a model with more than 80 parts so I don't know how long my BETA build is going to take. Hell, I must still figure out where I am going to print it :(

crates

Looking forward to seeing the beta build.

25cm tall sounds like a great scale, hope you find a good printer and best of luck with the test build.

Daikhovalin

Excellent work! I'm guessing with that many parts, you've managed to do the individual gun barrels. It looks awesome! I look forward to seeing the finished product. I hope you'll be releasing it. At 25cm it would fit right in with my small army of mechwarrior mechs. From what I remember of the game, I'd guess a real-life one would be about 8-10 meters tall (don't hold me to that though).
If you find yourself in desperate need of a printer, PM me. I'd be happy to run one or two off on the old color laser and snail-mail it to you.

blaar

Thanks for the offer Daikhovalin but I managed to get it printer. And yes. I am going to release it :)

Started this weekend and so far all is going well. I am not a great paper model builder and my broken fingers and eye site shows but I hope to finish this model ASAP. I can see there is something for every one in this model. Some parts are easy and some are tricky. I am still not sure if I am going to be able to build the barrels. You guys with the skill and eye site should manage it just fine.

I am building this on heavy paper 200+gsm and since some parts have pretty big faces I also re-enforced it on the inside with another layer of carton.

Will post again once I have built several more pieces.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 17

crates

This looks great, the textures work very well, good job.

I'd say your build skills are spot on, nice crisp clean lines and no warping.

Would be very happy if you released this to build ourselves.

blaar

This looks great, the textures work very well, good job.

I'd say your build skills are spot on, nice crisp clean lines and no warping.

Would be very happy if you released this to build ourselves.

Thanks for the compliments.

I will most def release the model once I am happy that all parts will fit. I think that if the main parts are built and only the detail parts needs to be attached the model should be good to go because the detail parts are glued onto the main structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.