BattleField 2142 - L-5 Riesig

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaar

Mar 9, 2008
I want to try and make a paper model of this walker (mech). Any one know if there is such a paper model or not. Will hate to make it and then there is already one available. Already started work on a model I found at the Sketchup Warehouse and redrawn the whole model trying to lower the amount of faces used and also splitting the parts into a buildable solution. Just need to add some knee caps and then the texturing sweetshop.

Any comments ?

Looking at it I think the shoulders are a bit to wide and the machinegun barrels to short.

riesig.jpg

Attachments

• Riesig_3D.jpg
    Riesig_3D.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 82

davitch

Jan 10, 2009
Wichita, KS
Narrow the shoulders and make the gun barrels a bit longer. The feet may not allow the paper model to stand, but you won't know that until you have a build.

think-floyd

Jun 7, 2008
Any Pub, Ireland
Hehe, thanks for highlighting my obvious inability to read the initial post Paragon sign1 I think I must have just looked at the pictures and reply comments without seeing Blaar's explanation at all haha.. :rolleyes:

I can't remember if I've taken screenshots from bf2142 before, but i will certainly try to get you a few angles and detail shots if you would like Blaar. Let me know if you need any, I'll be glad to help.

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
I love this mech and am definitely looking forward to building a paper version. I took about a ba-jillion screenies of the "tiger" tank from that game wanting to make a paper model of it too, but never got around to it. Is there a sketchup model of it, available to work from?

blaar

Mar 9, 2008
Can any one please post me a side , back , front and top and perhaps a 3D ingame shot of the Riesig.

I re-done the torso part and want to start texturing it now. I think it looks way better now. The barrels might be a bastich to build.

Attachments

• l5_new.jpg
    l5_new.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 31
S

Soaring

I can get you those shots since I play the game. However, you'll have to wait till tomorrow. :) However, it might be difficult to get them if I'm not spectating. Since, some servers don't enable that feature.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
i have the actual game mesh if it will help you. i was planning on doing it.but it would be awhile before i tackled it. i also have the texture file for it.

blaar

Mar 9, 2008
I also managed to get it into 3DS Max but I have no clue how Max works nor can I aven apply the skin.........also I saw when importing there are two or three meshes over each other. I just gave up there and wimped out..........lol

@ nothing :

If yo plan to do the Riesig then please do so..........I think any 1 can do a better job than I do since I totally suck at 3D modeling. :mrgreen:

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
what are you using to model? i can extract a single mesh and convert to 3ds with the uv s in tact. you can open it in meta and still use the uv maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.