battery or charger???

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i was driving my car and i went to recharge the battery but then i put it in my car and it only ran for like 5 mins till it died. that morning i used it and it worked fine for like 15 mins. do you think its the battery or charger?
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Your going to have to be more specific, was the battery a little warm when you pulled it off the charger?
  3. ewendell

ewendell Member

sounds like a bad alternator to me
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ewendell I belive he is alking about a rc car battery and charger not a real car
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

the battery wasn't even warm. i used a smart/quick charger. the other battery didnt even work at all. it just turned the wheels for 5 secs
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

What is a smart/quick charger? How long is it charging before it says it's through? If your using NiCD batts, they should be a little warm after charging or they're not done charging.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

it takes around 15-20 mins. it goes to a trickle charger when its about done
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

If its a timer charger, check the fuse, it may be blown.
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

i checked the fuze and it was fine. i charged it over night and it worked great. i noticed that after i pulled it out of my car it was really hot. i could barely hold it. it's the first time i've drove it in warm wheather. is this normal?
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

i tried the other battery and it was fine. this one wasn't so hot when i took it out.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i always peak my cells.i monitor the voltage with a digital volt meter.when the battery starts to get warm i look at the voltage.when it stops going up and drops .1 or .2 volts the battery is peaked.while still warm i run it in my car.this is the way to get the most out of a pack.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea my batteries get pretty hot too.but they are fine.some people dont use shrink wrap on their cells for that reason.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

it made the wrap real thin and soft. i wont be able to do it how you do. i dont have a volt meter
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

get a meter when you can.
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

how much do they cost?
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

17. monsterrcbuilder04

oh, ok that ain't bad. i thought they were expensive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.