Batteries, What kind and where to find???

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by countrymouser, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countrymouser

countrymouser New Member

I am looking to start building my own battery packs. I bought the Deans battery Jigg, Pro 3 connectors, Pigtails and Ultra plugs. (All on the suggestion of other RC racers). Now comes the difficult part. Selecting batteries. I am currently running Pre-made 3000 packs, made by Venom. But everyone says I should get "Matched Batteries"??? Since I am new to all this, what the heck does Matched mean?......lol.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a website and or what type of batteries to get?

I am running a XXX-T, B4 and a RC10-T3 at my track on alternating weekends, and we race Three 5 min. heat and One 10 min. Main if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time for any input/help.[?]
    Frank.
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

The best cells from my personal experience are the GP3300 NiMH ones. If you are just playing with friends then look for a place that sells in bulk. You can buy these fairly cheap and you could look on eBay by searching on keywords.

Matched cells are nothing more than bulk cells that have been charged and then discharged a few times to determine what a cell will take as a charge and how much voltage it has. Once a batch of cells has been matched they are packaged with cells of similar qualities. These will cost you considerably more than bulk but are the preferred type for all out racing.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

What ever batteries you get purchase a good peak charger , something that wont over charge your batteries
  4. cr250

cr250 New Member

I agree, go with GP 3300s. Try specpointbatteries.com
  5. pimp

pimp Active Member

go to tower hobbies get a 3300 mah 7 cell 7.2 volt batteries and a good charger then u will be set
  6. cr250

cr250 New Member

Definitely go with GP 3300s. Take a look at specpointbatteries.com.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Right on GP 3000 or the 3300 are the way to go , just keep in mind that NiMH do not require discharge so store them with a little charge. Use a good Peak charging system and dont over charge them ,they hate heat.
  8. cr250

cr250 New Member

specpointbattereis.com lowered their prices on GP 3300s. Awesome!
  9. cr250

cr250 New Member

Wish I could spell. :) It's specpointbatteries.com
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Hey CR, went to that spec. site those prices are really good have you purchased from them before?
  11. cr250

cr250 New Member

Yes I have, good cells and good service!
  12. cr250

cr250 New Member

13. redheat

redheat Member

CR , thanks for all the info. I plan on getting some new cells and youve been a big help, Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.