Batmobile Tumbler

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by loenf, Sep 4, 2008.

1. loenf

loenf Member

after I have seen the last and the new Batman-Movie, I remembered the Tumbler Model of Cláudio Dias (Thanks for the nice cardmodel!). Here are some pictures of the model I build with some slight modifications. The next task is to create a porper diorama for the Tumbler. Thought about the Batcave ore something in that way...

regards Loenf

Attached Files:

2. Coot59

Coot59 Member

Thats outstanding!!
  3. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

The Wheels look great! Care to elaborate a bit on your construction methods?
  4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Claudio's rendering really captures the organic look of the "real" article. I'll bet your diorama will look great!
  5. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Great job :thumb:
  6. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Nice build. I am also interested in the wheel work and it's detail. Care to share? Thanks!
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Congratulations, you did an awesome job. Loved the wheels!

Thank you for sharing your build :thumb:
  8. loenf

loenf Member

wheelwork - realwork!

I am trying two explain how I build the wheels.
    Begin with the frontwheel 1) . You have to scratch with a needle the tread profile into the surface of the frontwheel 2). If you scratch the Profile to deep, it may happens that the cardboard is become very thin. To prevent damages enforce the back of the inner tire with scotch tape 3). Now assemble the wheel by following the original instruction.
    The rear wheel: its a laborious task ! First assemble the wheels. 4) Then you have to print a lot of pieces tread profile - and cut all of them! 5) After cutting them you have to glue them to the wheel. 6) Last not least you have to do it like in the old stones-song: "Paint It Black" (mat black) :0)

regards Loenf

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      136.8 KB
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      139.5 KB
    • 3.jpg
      File size:
      106.7 KB
    • 4.jpg
      File size:
      161.7 KB
    • 5.jpg
      File size:
      140.3 KB
    • 6.jpg
      File size:
      197.7 KB
  9. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

wow, man! That's some serious work on those treads. Nice trick. This is one I will try very soon!
  10. adrian644

adrian644 New Member

wow man, is a spectacular work the one that have carried out, congratulations
  11. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Well done! the tires look like they came off a rc car or something, you have a very nice eye for detail. I plan on building this someday and I hope mine turns out even half as well.:thumb:
  12. loenf

loenf Member

Okay, now I finished the Display!
    After I have seen "The Dark Knight" my decision was to build a Diorama in the red-light district. Here some Photos:

regards loenf

Attached Files:

13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice! i love these diaromas you do!!
  14. sneaker

sneaker Member

Outstanding work! I especially like the semi-silhouetted Batman. Well done :thumb:
  15. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Amazing work!!!

16. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

front wheel arm armour shape

im about 80% of my build into my tumbler, with prospects for building it twice the size and out of either metal or plastic...

i only need help on the parts mentioned on step70 and 70a

since the intended misshaping may be understood for some reasons,
    it is alsow evident that the front wheels are further apart.
    i would like to have an independently designed new accurate front plate armour.

we dont need to edit claudio's original file, but to create a new part sheet of the 2 pairs of parts.

here are some pix.

Attached Files:

17. tonysam

tonysam TH

wow.... this is great!!!