Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Kezn, Sep 18, 2007.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Holey !!! Papermodel Batman .. Zoom!! powow ,
    great looking progess ,

Keep us posted on the progess of the Voltron model can't wait for that too.
  2. dustey

dustey New Member

WOW great work i cant wait to see the finished model..
  3. Regie

Regie Member

Oooooooh boy.

Comics are my first love. Batman is my first love in comics. This looks awesome! I will be following with interest - I don't think I've ever been this excited about a card model! It just looks PERFECT!
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I agree, the pose looks perfect to capture Batman. Now it'll need a gargoyle or something for him to be standing on as a display stand. That'll be cool.
  5. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

yeah its right skupil. Thats what I think about.. any suggestion ? :D
  6. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

and guys thanks so much. Thats so kinds.
    I will work hard to finish it soon.

7. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Kezn,

Your model Is looking fantastic!! Apart from Batman my all time favourite Is Superman, the same pose could be used to make a model of him.... would just need a head modelling.

Tom :wave:
  8. Master-Bruce

I could have a look around for some pics? There are many Batman splash pages where he's standing on top of a gargoyle or a ledge with a gargoyle. I'll have a look around.

Batman had quite a gothic style so a gargoyle should fit right in with the model.

Modelnutz, Superman is my favourite closely followed by Batman. Then it's the X-men, Wolverine being the best of course.

Update: Kezn, I found these. There are so many out there!

Anyway, I liked the first as the gargoyle is actually the Joker!! The second as it's not too big and I liked the design. I saw some that would be awesome but thought they'd overshadow Batman so dropped them.
  9. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

hi everyone,
    ahh, what a hard day I had. When I login and found your comments, those words cheer me up alots. Thank guys.

@ modelnutz: yeah I think the next may be Superman too, but in another pose. And the body will works well I think, but differents details and stuff, sure.

@ skupil: hey thanks for the pix, I didn't have these :D I think I will make some kinds of birds, like the second pix.

By the way, do you guys like to have the overcoat in paper, too ? Or some textiles will do the work?

Here is my update: the chest. This becomes harder, and the hardest part I think is the shoulders. Luckily the head and one part of the overcoat will cover the neck, and almost the shoulders.

And cause these parts are not glued together at all, the pose may be in incorrect position.

Here is a fun pix I took :D

Hope you like it.

10. Master-Bruce

I have never been this excited about a future model release!! It looks great. You've done a grand job on modelling the torso.

As for the stand, I agree that a gothic style bird would be the way to go. I'm sure in the animated show, there's a regular gargoyle where Batman surveys Gotham, it even has a name though I can't remember what it is.

I think the cape would be cool in textile to give it a more organic/fluid look. Have it sweeping out in front of him maybe like it's flowing in the wind?? Paper would be cool too to keep it paper. The sharpness of the folds would maintain the comic feel of the model.

Roll on Superman!!! If this is anything to go by Kal El will be equally cool.
  11. Master-Bruce

Hey Kezn,

I wondered about another thing. Trivial really. Are his hands going to be posed as if he's holding his cape? I quite like that look in the comics. Batman, holding his cape as it billows in the wind out behind him. Looks dramatic.

As I said, it's trivial so I'm not requesting it or anything.
  12. clif52

clif52 Banned

I love the look of the model. So far very realistic. I may have to get my airbrush out of retirement to paint this one. I love the idea of Superman too. As to the current discussion about the cape and hands. You could make options later to add on. Kind of like a Batman upgrade set. A paper cape or a pattern for a cloth one. Maybe two sets of hands. As to the gargoyle a lot of the ones shown in the comics are the eagle head from the Chrysler Building in New York City. An image search for Chrysler Building may give you enough information for a base. I remember seeing a 3D model somewhere of the eagle head.
  13. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

hello buddy,
    @ skupil: his right hand will hold the cape. Thats why at the right hand he doesn't have any finger cause the cape will cover on it. Just like this image:
    And its not trivial, its a cool ideal I think. don't be so modest ;)

@ clif52: hello. Finally I found someone likes painting on the model :D
    and many thanks for the tips. yeah like I'm a little busy so I can release the Batman first then come after the upgrade set with the cape and so (I didn't plant to model the cape before)..

I'm making the arms, I will update them later.

14. Master-Bruce

Great stuff! We've all said it already but you're doing a great job here Kezn.

You've inspired me into learning how to model faces to try and design a bust papermodel sometime this year. Sinilar to your Batman and BazookaJo's Hellboy design. :) I want to try and complete my APU first.

I'll be here for the updates later. ;)
  15. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

here I am:

bytheway I think the waist is too much small compared to the hips so I'll try to re-modell these parts.

@skupil: thanks so much for your appreciation skupil. I'm so glad that someone like my work.

I'll follow your APU for more updates, it looks great. But beware for its mass number of details :D I wish you have enough health to realise your project.

Time to bed my friends,
    Cya tomorrow.:wave:

16. Master-Bruce

LOL! I'm 28 yrs old and keep reasonably fit. :) My sanity may become in question though! Thanks for following it.

The waist seems ok from where I am. There's one pic where it doesn't look right but I thought that was because it wasn't glued into place?? You know though as you're holding it in your hands.

Arms are looking good, but I didn't need to say that. :)
  17. Master-Bruce

Hey Kezn, anything new with the Bat? I think I'm having withdrawl symptoms!! LOL
  18. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

hello skupil,
    I just start my 2nd year of the license, so please wait for awhile. I try to take back the hobby asap. :D

cya l8r.
  19. Master-Bruce

Ok. No problem. I'm just like an excited kid about this one. :)
  20. maybaygiay

maybaygiay Member

Lam dep do! <--- This is Vietnamese!!
    Good job! we're proud of you!! Tung beo:D