Batman Tumbler

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snyperkitty, May 2, 2007.

1. Snyperkitty

Snyperkitty New Member

Here's pics of my fourth (and most complicated build)...of the Batman Tumbler. I printed using an Epson Photo R220 on high quality glossy photo paper. I use standard scrapbooking glue as an adhesive and paint pens to touch up the score lines.

Did you know that the human body sheds tens of billions of skin cells every day? And a goodly number of these will end up firmly embedded in glossy photo paper...especially black. Just something to think about next time I suppose. Anyhoo, the pics hide most of the blemishes, smudges, etc.

I'm finding that a good quality set of scissors beats an x-acto knife for most cutting processes any day. A little less forgiving, but just as exacting with practice. Hope you like the pics.

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice build.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow! That looks fantastic!

Claudio will be proud when he sees this one!

The glossy paper really adds to this one! Beautiful job!

4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Holy crap! That's amazing! I haven't even had the bravery to attempt this build yet. The shiny finish really adds to the detail. I think we have a good cadidate for pic of the week...
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Very well done!

As Russell said, I'm very proud of this!:)

Thank you for sharing your pics.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ummmmmm........... it looks like it was poured from plastic. Are you sure that it's made from paper?:roll: :grin: :grin:

Very good job!

7. I'll second that...

hehe. Good job bro!

8. Snyperkitty

Snyperkitty New Member

Although I really like the glossy finish, I think it would have been better and more realistic to print the sheets for the tires on matte finish paper. Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm really proud of this build
  9. gippolot

gippolot Member

Fantastic model you have put together there Snyperkitty.

And my congradulations to Claudio. I didn't realize what a first class model you had created. Not my cup of tea, but I can't help but acknowledge a superior creation.
  10. Clashster

Clashster Member

Beautiful build! This one is on the list, so you have given some great ideas! And great design, Claudio! Great job, Snyperkitty!