Batman Begins Tumbler - (1:10)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jaffro, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

103????!!!! Woh!
  2. gippolot

gippolot Member

Fantastic looking build to date Jaffro. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Am keenly following your progress.

3. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Heya Gippo, long time no see :thumb:

Just a quick update to show the progress on the engine so far, I lost count of parts at around 150+ but it's more like greebles than parts, some as small as 1mm by 1mm.

I basically cut out the parts from the kit using coloured/silver mirror cardstock then cut and added greebly bits to give it some texture and details... most of the time I have no set plans or design, I just cut a bunch of bits and see where they look good.

There are 105+ parts in the afterburner nozzle alone, and at last count the umm "engine?" has about 50 or more... I call it the "engine?" because I'm not sure what it is.. it's more to do with the afterburner, the engine is a beefy V8 located behind the cockpit, no I won't be building it. :D

The afterburner nozzle is now glued to the round rear end thingy... Not sure if I like how it turned out, I think it needs to be bigger (the black bit).

4. Master-Bruce

WOW! That looks superb! The afterburner housing turned out great too! Very smooth.

Your dediction to this is frightening! I only wish I'd done that cockpit for you now.
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I think I must change the photos at the Tumbler page. I'll definitely use yours:mrgreen:
  6. exzealot

exzealot Member

Looking good!

7. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Just a minor update to say I haven't abandoned this one, it's pretty much on hold until winter (downunder) due to a new baby and a job that gets a lot more demanding during the summer months... not to mention weather too good to waste by staying inside... i'll be back to work on this one in a month or so at the latest.

Sorry to those of you who thought I might have finally updated with new progress... :p
  8. Master-Bruce

You're a tease!!!!!! No worries mate, our baby arrived on the 12th Dec so I know what it's like. Just realised, it's my sons 1 month birthday today!!!! :D
  9. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hi Skip!

Happy 2099 2009:thumb:

Wow! The same birthday of my daughter!!! She is 3yo now.
  10. Master-Bruce

2099?? Have I been asleep for 90 years??!! LOL! :D Thanks alot Claudio!

That's great buddy. 3 years difference maybe but it's cool our kids share the same b'day. ;)