Bash it in the snow or put it in a shelve??

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by jwilsonracing3, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys as we all know winter is just around the corner and i keep hearing different opinions on rather guys are ganna put there r/c's up for the winter or keep bashing.. I personally love bashing in the cold white stuff. busting through snow drift,making jump out of snow.. O'I can't wait till the first good snow fall.. I can't figure out why i should let my savage sit and collect dust.. i figure its 4x4 for some reason i should put it to good use.. plus i think the snow adds to the learning experience of driving r/c cars.. power sliding on ice and all that stuff i think helps improve my skills for the racing season.. so guys what are u going to do with ur ridez during the harsh winter months??
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well..... the only car I have right now is a onroad so I will probly put it in unless I can find a road on a non snowy day and 9it is clean and dry and then I would run my 4tec other wise... im screwed for rc's lol!
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i drive year round man...i boutght my first car last winter and i didnt care about weather i jsut wanted to get out there.lol
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

if it goes, GO!!!!!LOL I'm planning on gitin a nitro this winter n once i get a high enuff temp for break in, im breakin it in and i dont care if theres sno, IM GOIN!!!! i think snow is awesome suc is so versitle, like u can make any kind of jump u want, and even a track or just throw it way up in the air onto ur neigboors car!
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I have a onroad tho :(
  6. danielh89

danielh89 Member

lasttime i ran my jugg in the snow i destroyed my speedo :(
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

put a baloon over it or possible a box with some holes in the top of it?
  8. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

As most of you know already, i have little respect for my Axis buggy (see my Buggy Abuse thread). After a good bashin session though i always strip the whole buggy down and clean it. The great thing about snow is....NO DIRT. Just try to waterproof your servos and reciever and drive it as if it where a skidoo...lol. You can even make tire chains for it. I had a T-Maxx last year and i drove it all winter without any type of waterproofing (stupid...i know) and nothing happened to it

Like Bandit said....."If it goes....GO"
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

if you guys wana talk made for snow any of you had or seen the NitroElements Artattack rc snowmobile? It is a 1/4 scale .21 beast!!! I had 1 but sold it, not really worth haveing it in the summer even thos it did have skies with wheels.
  10. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Haven't seen one in person, just on the internet. I would love to get my hands on one, but i live in Canada and they are harder to find here.

www.rcsnowmobiles.com Check this site out, it will amaze you. Awesome stuff...dude has skills.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

those things are wicked!!!
  12. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Isn't that something. That dude has some real talent......too bad they aren't in production for all to buy.
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

d@mn right he does.
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

we dont have snow in Cali lol, so I guess I will be bashin all winter!
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lol ur lucky!!!
  16. rustler

rustler Member

I would take mine out in the snow in if wasnt for my piece of crap truck (SAVAGE 25). my steering servo broke for the forth time today. Its not like i jumping it hard or anything they just stop working ive put over 150$ into the steering servo's. It sucks i'm getting ready to call it quits and sell all of my trucks and stop. If not though i am going to eventually sell my SAVAGE 25 and get a T-MAXX or a revo(much better)
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm ive heard so much stuff about the Savage being so good but never heard such a problem with the steering servo
  18. rustler

rustler Member

same hear a always hear hw great it is, but my steering is just horrible, its not like im real crazy with it or anything. but if any one is interested i think i'm going to sell it. SAVAGE 25 stock engine, and everything. Only needs work on steering bought for a little over 500 hundred will sell for 300-350
  19. alisar70

alisar70 Member

i drive my savage 26 anywhere
    the only place i dont drive it is in my house
  20. Put it up, I haven't had an rc car in the summer for 2 years now b/c I ruined it in the snow
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.