Barrie-Allandale Model Train Show -- two thumbs up!

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My youngest son (age 3) and I just returned from the Barrie-Allandale show and it was excellent! I was a little unsure about going (mainly due to distance and weather), but once we got there, the variety of layouts, venders and other things (like clinics & even a model ship as well as a circus/fair display) was awesome. I thought all of the layouts were well done and showed lots of detail and a mixture of scenery and towns, etc.

In particular, there were several really good N gauge layouts -- really tempting now to think about N scale, as HO/OO take up a fair bit of room. I liked how the show "spilled over" into another room where there were even more layouts and vendors.

So if you live in southern Ontario and are thinking about this show, I highly recommend it. I had to drag my son away and I was secretly wishing we could have stayed longer.

Rob

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
I have to agree with Rob. Our club is there displaying the Muskoka Model Railway Club's N Scale layout, complete with some of Matthyro's cerealboard creations.

Today they had 1000 attendees, not counting the vendors and showing club members.

If you do come to the show, drop by our layout and say hello.