Barricade! Well, BumbleBee needs a nemesis!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, May 21, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

hmmm... sounds like diorama... :twisted:
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks very much D-WHALE, :)

You're right about the colour, it'll drain you cartridges. :( But that's what colour he is. I'd imagine that the BumbleBee models were no different with the yellow ink though.
  3. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

This model with the car door open + Indiana Jones Shia La-Beouf action figure crashing into open car door + Barbie bike? sign1 Someone should do this...sign1
  4. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

plus my klingon bid of prey about to fire a photon torpedo at barbie sign1
  5. Master-Bruce

6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It's coming along nicely!! Is the interior ready yet?
  7. Master-Bruce

Thanks Lex, I'm really pleased with it. As for the interior, sorry, no. It's not been touched yet. Yesterday, I was doing some research on a possible next project(after this one and before the next Transformer). Then today we had to do more packing so not had time.

I'll be back on this on the weekend probably.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Bump... any more news on this car? --or anything else? The Gundam? :D
  9. Master-Bruce

Afraid not Lex sorry. The Gundam is on hold for the time being. It was just taking soooo long! That I needed a break from it. The model is good but lacks the rest of it's texture.

As for Barricade he's been sort of put on hold too for a little while. Nothing wrong there, I just got hooked on some of the work the boys over at the are doing. They are now using 3D models and Pepakura to design full scale armor and then resin and fiberglassing the build paper models to create solid armor! That impressed me so I've been hanging there for a while doing the odd project to help out. Plus I wanted to try my hand at building one of their Halo helmets to see it in practice for myself.

Hey, it's still papermodelling right? :) To a degree anyway.

Fear not! Barricade will be done pretty soon as will the release of the Beater Bee. ;)
  10. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Skip

Let me know how the deal with the fiberglass over paper works. I'd be interested in a couple of comic ideas to make fullsize. You can email me with details if you have time.
  11. Master-Bruce

Will do buddy. What they do is to apply two thin layers of mixed resin over the completed paper build. Thi gives strength to the papermodel for them to apply the fibreglass to the inside to get the hard shell.

Then bondo is used to smooth it all out and detail it. ;) Very clever use of Pep I think.
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

So you wouldn't happen to know if you or they have a Pepakura set of Stormtrooper armor, would you? :wink:
  13. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Someone was working on some stuff, but I don't think it's ever gotten finished. I'm hooked on that site! Nothing better than showing off your paper model skills by wearing what you build!

Back on topic, can't wait until this one is finished. It will be a nice addition to the two Camaros.
  14. Master-Bruce

Yeah, I'm sorry about the delays on this and the release of the Beater Bee. I have always had a tendancy to get distracted by something else as some of you guys no doubt have noticed.

I'll spend an evening finishing up the instructions for the Beater Bee, and I will try to pull myself away from the costuming thing to get more progress on Barricade too.

15. Master-Bruce

Just to let you guys know.

I'm spending the day finishing up the Instructions for the Beater Bee today! I've got the interior instructions all done now and will get the rest done today. ;)

This will pave the way clear for me to get back to work on BARRICADE!!
  16. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Good news indeed! Glad to see this one is still moving along, I have a mate who is really keen for me to build this for him when it's done, even though he's probably going to end up with my tumbler as I don't have the room for it... I just have to build it. :D
  17. Master-Bruce

LOL! I know what you mean buddy.
  18. Master-Bruce

We're back on the road!

Morning guys!

I just wanted to post a little piccy to show that Barricade is back on the table now!

I left off with most of the exterior being done(textured) and the interior needed some major work to correct it and to make t look like a Police car. Sadly reference on Barricades interior as we see it in the movie is non existent. Only the brief scene where we see Frenzy inside Baricade using the computer to find Sam. So, I'm using pics of real world Police cars to come up with my own take on it.

Modelling started this morning!

I haven't added much, the start of the improved dash with AC fans and dials, gear stick and handbrake, remodelled portion of the central column and finally added the laptop.

There's more to do plus it all needs textures created and applied. I'll be modelling radio handsets and maybe this time add some details to the interior doors, anything that I can find really.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR! It's good to be back on this model. :D
  19. Master-Bruce

Come on guys, don't tell me you've lost faith? LOL! I'm still working on it. ;)

I'm adding more texture to the exterior before starting on creating the interior textures. I've also modelled the CB radio too.

Here are some pics of the new exterior. ;)

Still at it. ;)
  20. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Looking good as usual skip! Another one I can't wait to build. On a funny note I showed my 7 year old nephew your camaro models and gave him the files for the 09 and beater bee so him and his father can do them together, he was shaking like a leaf he was so excited about having them. He wanted me to thank you for these "coolest models I has ever seen"(his words) His dad was completely baffled that they were made from paper, he liked them so much he went out and bought all the supplies he needed so him and his son can get started in there new hobby. So on behalf of them and myself included I thank you for all of your hard work that you put into these and then just freely give them away, we need more designers such as yourself:thumb:

p.s. I don't think anyone has lost faith in you(not possible at this point) I think everyone knows you can't rush perfection.:mrgreen: