Barricade! Well, BumbleBee needs a nemesis!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, May 21, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey guys,

I'm starting this thread a little premature, but I got the Barricade mesh lastnight!

The BeaterBee model is nearing its end so I'm just preparing for the next project. What better follow up to BumbleBee than his enemy, BARRICADE!

Barricade takes the form of a Saleen Mustang S281, a really cool car! :D

The mesh was extracted from the game but there was a problem where the wheels didn't come through so I'll be remodelling the wheels, also there's a ton of work to do to clean up the mesh and some remodelling, especially for the interior. Just Like the BumbleBee models.

Here's some pics:

And for those not sure, he looks like this:

Again, I'm looking forward to this one. Plus the texturing is made easier as there's no weathering like the Beater Bee.

Updates will follow as I start this project. ;)
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Woo Hoo :D

That was my favorite character from the movie and the game.

Now if Claudio will do the bot form :D

3. Master-Bruce

That would be cool. Though I think he's done with the complexity of Tranformers for the time being. Especially seeing as his B'Bee is poseable.
  4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well one can wish can't they :p

5. Master-Bruce

Wish away buddy! :D I'd like to see them all in paper too.
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Easy man!

I'm still thinking about Optimus Prime....
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hey Skip,

This will be a great model! I saw lots of people interested in Barricade!
  8. Master-Bruce

Thinking about it? Prime? :D :D Can't ask for more than that!!! And there was me thinking that it may not happen, at least now there's a chance!

Claudio, I think you're like a fairy godfather to some of us here. We all wished for a Tumbler model and you gave it to us, we all wanted BumbleBee and you're giving it to us! Prime as a maybe? That's great news!

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the Barricade model too! I really liked it and remember quite a few asking after it. I just need to see the Beater Bee through to the end first, and I'm almost there.

I'm particularly looking forward to putting the " punish and enslave." detail on it. That got quite a laught out of me that. Typically Decepticon!

9. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Skip Since this is a Mustang how about a few minor changes and we'll have the new Knight Rider. Its just a thought. Its not that different, a repaint to solid black, a spoiler and hood change. Just wishing.
  10. Master-Bruce

It is a possibility. I'm not sure yet though since the interior will also have to be different. I'm not sure if I'll want to model two different interiors.

Though there's nothing to say I couldn't come back to it some other time to do the new KITT.

I'd kinda decided to stick with the Transformers theme for now. We'll see how it goes. ;)
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

SUPER! You have some great stuff here Skip :)
  12. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I'm putting all my free time lately into finishing BumbleBee so that I can make a start on this one. I'm really psyched about it.
  13. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

Excellent Skip, Thanks for BumbleBee.

I really hope Claudio decides to do Prime, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!
  14. Master-Bruce

Time will tell. I totally understand why someone wouldn't want to take a project like on though. BumbleBee may have been one of the less complex Transformers but even then it must have been a challenge to say the least.

Time will tell anyway.

I've just finished another area of the Beater Bee so I'm getting closer to this project now. ;)
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Skip you're really on a roll recently, you are like a production facility constantly churning out models!
  16. Master-Bruce

Ha! Thanks Lex. I've had some extra time on my hands lately so I've been putting it to use.

Besides a I know I have a modelling break coming up soon so that I can pack up house for a move. I move on the 7th June so I'm aiming to at least get the Beater Bee all wrapped up before then. After we move I'll then be free to start this Barricade.

Fingers crossed eh? :D
  17. Master-Bruce

I was wondering if you guys could help me out in preparing with this model? The interior of Barricade isn't seen too often in the movie, and when it is it's dark.

I was wondering if any of you guys had pics of the interior of US Police cars I could use to come up with an interior for this when I start? OR, better still, if any of you may know where I could get pics of the ACTUAL Barricade interior?

Any help in this area would be great for me. :D I'm covered for the exterior. ;)
  18. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

Barricade robot mesh I have him extrtacted from the game and at the moment there is no textures for him however once I get the mesh cleaned up then then I will start on the textures
  19. Master-Bruce

Does that mean you're going to take on a papermodel of the robot?
  20. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

Yes I have started making the hand now for the test build his lower arm is set to 30cm