barrels or kegs

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
When the wife goes to her favorite toy store " A.C.Moore" (craft store) I naturally tag along. Hey you never know whats hidding there that can be used in your train modules. Lookey lookey what I found. In the bead section were these spacers, darn if they did not look like little "N" scale barrels or beer kegs. Being the frugal type, I slipped the $2.58 pack into the misses carriage. Unpacking at home she asked where they came from? Huh - oh, - I came clean and told her I put them in her stuff.

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 212

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Bill, this is quite a coincidence but I also tagged along with the Mrs. to Michael's crafts and slipped more than a few items in the basket and got caught right in the store and got to pay for the entire order myself. But to be frank since I'm the only one that works I pay either way. I also spend considerable time in the bead aisle and bought some tiny glass ones that I'll use as insulators for my transformers and telephone poles. Also bought some dried stuff that looks alot like the super tree stuff figured I'd give it a try.
I think they look just fine for beer kegs. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Pat

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Bill. Welcome to the club. I do that to my wife all the time. I got some pretty good trees from Michaels flower department that way. The wife doesn't pay much attention ( I think) to what ends up in her basket as I pay the bill and when we get home there it is. I"ll have to look the next time we go to Michaels for those barrels. They sure look good.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I see'em as Trashcans in a fancy mall, or shopping area.
Maybe painted up fancy stonework supports. Cut in half and painted,
than put in the corners of a store facade... You got more stone
fancy stuff.

Hmmm... All I can think of now.:rolleyes:

Ain't it fun to take things and make it completely somethings else!
:D ;)