Ballasting Trick!

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
I was in the home improvement store getting a few layout supplies when I came across an Elmer's Glue stick. So, I bought it, took it home, and proceeded to slather it along the cork road bed to help keep that ballast secure when sprinkled. To my pleasant suprise it worked so well, combined with my trusty foam paint brush, that I'm laying ballast that actually looks good with minimal effort. Sure it's beginner ballasting, but to me it's looking just like the CSX lines running through the Charlotte area.

In case you're interested I've pictures for your amusement at the site listed in the sig.

Cheers!

C

Catt

Well msh, first things first (DOH!) Welcome to the Gauge ,glad you are here. I visited your site and thoughly enjoyed the visit.:D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
msh,Thanks for the heads up! You could not have time that better,as you know I am rebiulding my layout and hope to start ballasting sometime tonight.I shall give it a look see!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi, msh!
Looks like you're doing exactly what you're supposed to with this hobby...having fun!:cool: :cool: :cool:
Welcome The Gauge!:)

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
As my little boy so often says... "Oh yes I am". I can't explain why it took it on, but I'm really into this little project of mine. Even when I was younger, and all I had was a 4x8 with an oval, two turnouts, one loco and four cars, I knew there was something special about it. Now that I'm a grown-up, have some cash and don't take NO for an answer I can take it to the next level and then on and on and on....

That's fun all right.

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Love that...

Oh yes... pats on the back are welcome here.

I appreaciate the welcome and the words of support by all.

And oh yes, I plan on continuing the photo journalism on my site until the last speck of ground foam is sprinkled on the Town of Fourbyeight, US. (US standing for "upstairs") On to the job at hand!