ballast size

jlg759

Jun 3, 2003
stateline pa
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hello,

I am ready to do some ballasting on my ho scale layout and wondering which size of woodland scenics ballast i should use . I am kinda torn between the fine and medium. I have also been told that the woodland scenics ballast does not stay in place well and that i should consider another brand. Any help would be appriciated Thanks
Joe

Keith 55

Jun 18, 2003
San Antonio, Texas-USA
Visit site
Joe, If WS ballast doesn't stay in place, it wasn't glued down well in the 1st place. Having said that, it might be best to treat ballast like aquarium gravel and rinse the heck out of it in a collander and dry it thoroughly before using it. All manner of foreign matter and production oils can contaminate anything you buy on a sporadic basis and ruin your best efforts. Don't assume that anything you use is really clean, including food, until you wash it well. That's the true nature of Hi-Speed production.:eek: As for what size to use, the WS website gives recommendations and you have to compare them with pictures of the region you are modelling. I'm sure someone will offer better and more specific advice than this very soon. Have Fun!:D