Bad Kitty

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Dave....Sitting here about to "bust a gut" laughing.....I'm the one that posted the one about "zapping the cat":eek: :D :D :D

Of course it was all "tounge in cheeK" and just meant as humor.:D :D :D Would not harm a hair on any cat's head!:) :) But seriously I have known of at least one instance where a friend's cat did "do ugly" on the layout!!!:eek: :D :D :D :D I swear it turned the nickle silver rails black!!!!!:eek:

By the way...welcome to The Gauge. I've made some great friends here and count you as one of them.

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
I've got four cats, two of which have desided to make my lay-out their sleeping quarters. One of which is Willow Witch who is pictured on the first post of this thread. the second is Tikky (TEE-Key) her hair is so fine that it makes a hell of a mess. But I just let them up there Theyv'e got minds of thier on. I thought about the vinagar and water but I thought I'd miss and hit their eyes so I won't. If they start clawing I might try the zappo trick Now do I use 110 or do I hitch up to the dryer out let?????:) :) :)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Dave, Cid & Shane

I guess a little cat hair never hurt nothing but if you guys find any use for it in RR modeling let me know:D I got the market cornered on it!!!!!:D :D :D :D

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
PS - we just use straight water sans vinegar. Our cats at least just don't like getting sprayed by any type of liquid, so just the plain ol' water does the trick. And dries quite nicely from anything that gets collateral spray in the house.

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Use lemon peel !!

I also have a furry pet -Misha-. I still haven't layout, so I don't know if she would love it but, when younger (she's now 16), she really liked to perch atop my hot monitor! :mad: You know, the 'puters & cats poil don't really mix well and I was afraid of end with a cat barbecue until I discovered that the cats HATE the citrus scents!
So, when I catched her hanging over the monitor, I pressed an small piece of lemon peel and I put it just under her nose. The first time I made it, her reaction was explosive! I ended with a desk lamp choked, the keyboard hanging over the table, and a lot of papers flying! But the next times, just only showing to Misha the lemon peel was usually enough for having her running like hell. :D :D

Finally, I felt a bit guilty for evict her off the warm monitor, so I bought her this comfy, cat-scale, sofa (she had it pawn-approved but, when taking this photo, it seems that she's still watchful for the peel!) ;)

Attachments

• misha.jpg
    misha.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 99

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
I don't have anything against cats, and I love cats..... as long as they belong to someone else;)..... and live in their house:)..... Far, far away:D.....in another town;).....in another country:).....on another planet:D........
People don't own cats, rather, cats decide whom they are going to lord over forever (or so it seems)
Seriously, I have nothing against cats and I love to have pets around, however, I find that their inguisitive nature makes them unsuited as a model railroaders pet.
Back when I met the woman who would later be my wife, she had two furry four legged terrors called "Black Bart" and "Torquimada" who used to take (what I gathered anyways) extreme sadistical unadaterated pleasure in destroying anything smaller than themselves:(, by tearing it apart, (I refered to it as "reducing it to the lowest common denominator") in what appeared to be the most horrific manner possible:eek:.
They came very close to driving me out of the train room and back into the tavern:(.
Later, when we bought a house and got married (after the two demons had been passed on to an unsuspecting realitive:D), My wife suggested getting another cat:eek: and I suggested naming it "Taco" ;), upon which the subject was dropped.
We eventually got 3 Scottish Terriors who had no interest in my model railroad and were only interested in digging up my back yard:rolleyes:

Terry

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Getting rid of cat smell on layout...

You might try spraying vinager on the spot where the cat released itself. The vinager will make the urine smell go away and will only smell like vinager for a short while and eventually it 's smell will go away also.

As far as the foam dissolving... well I have no solution for that problem but more of a question...what does that cat eat or drink to make such a solvent? :D

Let me know if this solves your problem as it did mine.

Bob