Bad Kitty

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I have a similar problem........... our male cat Edward could really care less, but our female cat Lizzy??? She thinks it's the best thing in the world to hang out on or near the layout and watch the trains. Once in a while she'll swat at them (hence I use only old trains on the layout when she's around)....

Attachments

• attack2.jpg
    attack2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 397

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Mike,

I'm rather lucky since Wiilow dont swat at them,good thing being N-scale.

I have a kitten that chases them around but she doesn't swat at them either.Willow just lays there blocking the track,If you look close you'll see that shes laying on the two main line that come in from the bottom left corner(unballasted) and the service yard tracks (ballasted) I've ran a train right up to her and bumped her with it and all she did was look at it, she didn't even move.

I've tried every thing to keep the two off the lay-out,moth balls and "mouse traps" the mouse traps are just snappers that make a loud snap when steped on,Nothing that would hurt them.

Willow is very gental when she gets up there, she does step over the trains.

Shane

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Not a kitty, just a nice friendly hound.

Attachments

• badgercreekd.jpg
    badgercreekd.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 396
No picture, but after rebuilding the oldest section of my layout three times, I covered all of the ways to enter the layout area (in the basement) with wire fencing and made a folding wire fence door. Suki (the cat) loves a specific area and I love the cat. So, I had to fix it so she can't get in.

Slowed my modeling for three months until I could make the area off-kitty-limits.

Roger

Roger Hensley – madisonrails@railfan.net
== http://cid.railfan.net/eci_new.html ==
== East Central Indiana HO Scale Railroad ==

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
My goodness, has The Gauge entered into some sort of special arrangement with the Animal Planet channel from TV for shared time.

I like Shamus's Yorkie, no cats here, belong outside killing mice:D

Bob

We had a Siamese cat for years. Used to run up the curtains and sit on top of the rods. That was about enough cat around here in the house.

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Bad Tyson!

Tyson,

A squad from the Pun Police have been dispatched to your house to tar and feather you. Please stay where you are. Running away will only make them use more feathers! :)

Here is another poor cat owner who has to deal with obstinate cats:

http://www.marklin-users.net/html/around/catsnlayouts/catsnlayouts.html

I was trying to find a link to this site that featured Catzilla, a cat who kept attacking this guy's layout. I found the link (and the one above), but it doesn't appear to be working... Here it is in case you are interested:

http://www.inlink.com/~newtonr/

-Rory

"Cats have many uses. Doorstops, for one."

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i've had the same thing with my cat i'm on my third layout and it in n scale for my boys my wifes cat loves to get in the way and lay in the wrong place at the wrong timg i found a good little tick and so far so good no more kitty on my boys layout or mine get you a spray bottle and put 3/4 water and 1/4 vinager in it and every time kitty is on the layout shoot him or her with it after 3 or 4 times it will under stand and keep it close buy just to remind them that this is no bed my wife's cat is at that point all it has to do is see it and it gose in the other room.. :p

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
THE CURE FOR CAT ON THE LAYOUT

1. Observe sleeping cat...be sure cat is laying across rails.
2. Very quitely remove all locos and lighted cars from the rails.
3. Using alligator clips jumper capacitor switch machine power
supply to rails on which the cat is laying.
4. Turn off all block toggles.
5. Press any turnout control button.
6. Observe cat jump approx. 6 feet in the air!
7. Note that cat does not return to layout.
8. WARNING!! DO NOT USE THIS METHOD WITH DCC!!!

Take Care:) and Have Fun:D ... Vic

Step 9: Tell your wife to bring the Bactine after the cat lands on the top of your head and vents it's displeasure.

Step 10: Make your children cry by threatening to sell the cat to the violin sting factory.

Step 11: (Three days later) Discover prized locomotive, missing for three days, buried deep in the kitty litter.

(Repeat step 10 several times)

deablo

Jun 6, 2002
USA
davetrains.20m.com
Originally posted by scoobyloven
i've had the same thing with my cat i'm on my third layout and it in n scale for my boys my wifes cat loves to get in the way and lay in the wrong place at the wrong timg i found a good little tick and so far so good no more kitty on my boys layout or mine get you a spray bottle and put 3/4 water and 1/4 vinager in it and every time kitty is on the layout shoot him or her with it after 3 or 4 times it will under stand and keep it close buy just to remind them that this is no bed my wife's cat is at that point all it has to do is see it and it gose in the other room.. :p

I hope to god your kidding, that could kill a cat.:eek:

Dave

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
I got to know

Dave, I'm a big time "cat person" from way back but I want to know how water and vinegar is gonna kill a cat????:confused:

Vinegar is nothing but fermented apple juice cut with water to 5% acid strength with the alcohol distilled off. I know that asprin is deadly to cats and 5 grains ( 1 tablet) will kill one in about 15 mins, causes heart failure.

Just really curious so I can keep mine out of the "fish and chips" leftovers:D Thanks:)

deablo

Jun 6, 2002
USA
davetrains.20m.com
Oh s*** I'm sorry the format screwed me up with this forum. I ment the guy that Zapped the cat when sleeping on the rails. I'm sorry, I spray my cat too when he's on the layout. Also that thread at atlas isn't true I know that person he thinks its funny:rolleyes: . Almost all his posts are fake. SSSSSSHHHHH, don't tell

Dave