Backwoods tankcar unloader

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
I posted some pics of this a while back but they were from a distance. It's hard to get a good pic with my 35mm because of my #$%Q cheap scanner and the darn thing is so small! The "concrete" pad everything sits on is about a half inch by a inch and a quarter. The "tank" is a cap for 1" PVC pipe. The pad is sheet styrene, the fence is stripwood, the shed is left over from something I don't remember, the roof is 600 grit sandpaper. Everything else is from the junk box.

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 172

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
While the poor quality doesn't show it well the coiled up hose between the guy and the valve is 24 gauge insulated wire with a piece of copper tubing for the brass nozzle. Thank goodness it looks a lot better in real life than it does in these pictures! : :p

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I don't know, Tyson. Anytime I hear "backwoods", and see plumbing, and a storage tank,,,,,,, How many years have the feds walked past that "tank car unloader" without realizing what it really was?? Or, does that company make some really "SHINEy" furniture.
Pete

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Tyson, I think you conjured up something great there. Innovative in concept, very well executed and a delightful space filler. It's things like that which makes a layout all the more realistic and a pleasure to look at.

Dream up more for us please.

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Shoooot, Tyson,
No 'fence takin'...
I'm thinkin' 'bout tryin' t' sell some o'at stuff t' all 'ese scratchers 'n bashers! :D :D :D
Seriously, though, that's a great little structure, & things like that are many times, more of a point of interest than larger buildings for people visiting your layout, because of all the detail that goes into them.
Great work, my friend!