Backdrops

Urban Backdrop

Hi Charlie, Sorry it has taken so long to answer your thread, but I haven't been on my computer for a while, I like yourself like the urban scenery, but because of the cost of the buildings, I think I will use one city, and the rest Desert and Mountains, such as in Barstow California, with the AT&SF Theme, I love the WAR Bonet red and silver, and also the Blue and yellow of the Diesels. Have you any pictures of your layout?? I would like to see it.

Planeshavings42

Originally posted by Charlie
Hi planeshavings!
What type of backdrop are you wanting? Urban? Rural? Mountains? Praries?
:rolleyes:

Re: Correction for website

It worked for me this time too??? don't know why it didn't when I tried it before without the 2nd s. Oh well, it's a great backdrop website. Thanx mrgooch....
planeshavings42

Originally posted by mrgooch
allworldscenes.com

I had added an extra S

Drew1125

Hi planeshavings42!
You were asking about photos of my layout...there's one on the 1st page of this thread...about the 10th or 11th post...
Here's another one...

Attachments

• reefer.jpg
    reefer.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 53
Nice work Charlie, looks very realistic. You've done a great job aging your rolling stock. and the ground looks superb. These are all things I will have to learn as I go.... But then this is where the fun lies right?? Thanx for the pictures. planeshavings42

Bob Collins

I agree with Tyson (this time!!) about the picture. I too have gone back and looked several times. One question Charlie, what is the logo on the boxcar?

Bob

My Tardy Response

I meant to comment several days ago but must have had a Senior Moment at the time :) .

Tyson, Your pic with the Big Hook is superb! Reminds me of my younger days (when I was a mere three feet tall) and used to hang about the RR yard 200 yds away. The realism you captured is out of this world. Well done. I'm now scrounging around for "junk" to enhance my pike.

Charlie, could you post a picture of the clouds you made to create the shadows on those trees? I haven't a clue how you did it but by heck it's exactly how cloud shadows look on sunny days here in UK. It has to be worth at least one beer for sharing the pic with us.

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Errol I would like to take credit for the "big hook" but that was Charlie's picture. The clouds over the trees was mine. I used "fill" light (light aimed at the ceiling and walls rather than the layout) then held a hunk of blue stryofoam over one area then another area while the camera was on a tripod with a slow f/stop holding the shutter open.

Tyson Rayles

The again Errol if you are refering to the trees casting a shadow on the boxcar that would be Charlie's picture also (another one I would like to take credit for!:D ).

Tyson, Charlie, (I'm embarassed :eek: )

I actually wrote down on paper your names against your pic subjects! and STILL got it wrong. But hey! it's only the first of my three permitted Senior Moments this week. (I think I'm doing well :) :) ).

Sorry for the mistake guys, (hell, that's another couple of beers I owe). No wonder they turned me down as a column writer at The Gauge's newspaper.

What did I say elsewhere about planning?... methinks it applies to writing posts too.

Maybe I should get Tonto to write my posts for me? :D

Errol

Drew1125

Hi Errol!
Sure I'll take credit for the "cloud" shot! :)
No really, don't sweat it...if you've noticed, we've all been dubbed "senior members"! :D

p.s. Make mine a Bass Ale, please! :)

Drew1125

Bob Collins

Hi Bob...
In answer to your question, that car is actually one of my Micro-Trains wooden reefers...It's lettered for Parrot Potatoes...
I realize that my time frame is a little late for wooden reefers, but I like the cars, so just don't tell the rivet counters, OK? :)

Attachments

• mvc-022f.jpg
    mvc-022f.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 44