Backdrops commercially

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Hello to all you model RR Guru's!! I am just getting back into the hobby after many years away from it.I am looking for options for commercially available backdrops.I am aware of Backdrop warehouse but wondered if anybody knew of other options,Including but not limited to similar companies to the one above,Places to send photographs for creating backdrops,and any other alternatives that may fit the theme here.I am modeling in N scale,live in the northwoods of minnesota and have a 70 mile drive to the LHS so the internet has been a great resource for me ,but i know about search limitations.Any help would be durely appreciated.
This looks like a great Forum and i hope to be able to visit often :)

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Greetings,

Where up here in GOD's crountry do you live?
If the next time you are visiting W.K. Walthers web site look for their backdrops. You can also look in the magazines at all the ad's.

Dan

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Holy smokes!! a neighbor!! Hiya Dan and thanks for your reply.And oh i am just Down the street from you in Warba.You may have at 1 time or another seen My Tilewerks Truck running around town ;)Nice to know there's someone else up here into trains.So, did you make it to the Train show in Duluth last weekend??

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Thanks for the Welcome and the Links Ken.
I should actually qualify my original statement.
I am not actually just getting back into the hobby.I am just getting out of the Arm Chair phase of it would be a true'r statement.Ive actually been collecting equipment ,kits etc for about 8 years in N scale.I have a spare bedroom a small one but i do have Benchwork pretty much completed and I have been working with Corey Lynch (pres of rensellear modell rr club)on developing a Track Plan.The Yard area has been developed and i will be laying track for it over the course of the next few weeks.I will be freelancing and modeling transition era aprox 1959-1960.My thoughts were to Develop a regional bridgeline that interchanges with a Couple Class 1 RR's Namely Northern Pacific and Great Northern.This Regional would be developed along the lines of a combination DM&IR,D&NE type theme assuming they never got a chance to exist due to this Line already having been well entrenched in the area.I have yet to name the Line but have a few thoughts and am willing to entertain any and all suggestions.I am going to see if i can attach a pic of the yard and service area that has been thus far developed. :)
Well, i guess my file is just a bit too large. I'll see if i can cut it down a bit and post it later.Gotta get to work!! :)

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well for me it was Train Show ,Carrs Hobby ,Blackwoods In Proctor for a late Lunch(they have a great G scale DM&IR Shelf layout and the foods good too),then Menards ;)The Wife came along.She likes the shows :)

I got your Email & Replied Dan!

Attachments

• dul yard.jpg
    dul yard.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 164

chapmon

Dec 29, 2002
Longview, TX
Visit site
Backdrops

Tileguy:

You might check out www.realisticbackgrounds.com for some fairly new backdrops.

My local hobby dealer just got some in (13" x 38") and they are simply outstanding.

It is excellent photography, well thought out, and could easily be implemented into our layouts.

By the way, Dan is a good modeler, hope you can hook up with him.

Mike :D :D :D

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well i finally got to meet Dan briefly (he looks like he was an engineer in a former life );)
Word is ,he is coming over on thursday to speak to the Board of Directors.Of course this particular firm is so short handed,we may have to give him an honorary title (and a razor knife) :D
I have to wonder what a guy can do with an entire locomotive that isnt much bigger than one of the trucks off his units though.Its ok Dan, I have a magnifier visor for ya :)