Backdrops & Backgrounds

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by thelittleguy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. thelittleguy

thelittleguy New Member

I am looking for backgrounds primarily to use for photographing my trains. Can you reccomend a retailer that is reasonable and offers a wide variety of backgrounds? I dont necessarily need a panoramic view of oover four (4) feet.

2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

You could always build a little diorama and take it outside. Good light, natural background... What more could you want...!? ;)

Welcome to The Gauge :)

4. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Guys,

Several months ago Tyson mentioned he bought some cheap backdrops that were nice and on heavy paper. I think he said they were four foot long and under ten dollars. Hopefully he will jump in here and tell you about them.

Ron :wave:
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

6. DavRed

DavRed New Member

An idea that I am toying with is to use a panoramic camera to photo background scenes and print them out in the scale needed.
    If you don have a scanner, I dont, then you can get the photos transfered onto a cd at the time of processing and use that.

As my latest layout is fairly mountainous and as I am spending a few days in Wales playing with trains, I will get some pics and see what it works like.
    Let you know how it comes out (with pics) when I get back.