Backdrop Makes a Difference

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Just got some new pics back, & was amazed at the difference some background can make.
    Before

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

And after - Sorry, I can't figure out how to get more than one image into a post :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. billk

billk Active Member

Hey Charlie - I know my eyesight isn't the greatest, but I can't tell any difference. Is this a test or something?
    BillK
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Charlie if your pix are online it is real easy to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need some help e-mail me
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Really billk? You can't see any difference? Guess I didn't do as good as I thought.
  6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Sorry Charlie

Ummmm..... Look's like the same pic posted twice to me as well, Charlie.:confused:
  7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Catt,

What's JELX?

-Rory
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

More than one photo at a time

This was posted before, but I'll re-post for the benifit of the new comers.
    To save a lot of bytes posting two or three photo's, why not use a simple method. Using Paintshop Pro, or Adobie Photoshop, you can import as many photo as you like to fill an A4 sheet. here's one set I did today showing 8 photo's for only 153kb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NARA Member #24
    http://www.badger-creek.co.uk
  9. justind

justind Member

look on the his www page

Hi Charlie, both pictures you posted are the same thing (I think???) but on your webpage I saw a picture where you were just first installing the Factory/Plant. The background apparent in the posted images makes a vast difference.
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Justin.
    Man, this is weird! I can see different pictures in each post, but apparently no one else can.
    The pictures ARE on the webpage though, side by side, so you can see what I was talking about. (I hope?)
  11. billk

billk Active Member

What I see

Charlie - Based on the pix at your web site, what I see at the Gauge are two copies of the "after" picture. Anyway, you're right, adding the background makes a big difference! Does it have the same impact when actually looking at at as opposed to taking pictures of it?
    Bill K
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I'd like to think so, Bill.
    Right now, that's the only section of backdrop I've completed, but I really like the effect of seeming like there's more behind that little building than just a flat, blue wall.
    Incedentally, if you look on the website at the picture "a view to the right", that's the same location, before structure or backdrop.

P.S. I've edited the above post. Hopefully this time I got it right.
    Beg pardon - I'm pretty $#@!ed slow at this!
  13. Catt

Catt Guest

Rory,JELX is my own locomotive and freight car leasing company.The loco it's self(I know you didn't ask:D ) is a Bachmann -8 40C on a KATO C30-7 chassis a very easy but not cheap way to get a decent running -8 loco.
  14. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

PIccies

I get the same "after" pic as well when viewing the post. So I checked out the website and, yes, I can see the difference now. WHere did you get the backdrop?
  15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Woodie!
    The backdrop is a combination of leftover kit walls, or "flats", & comercial, printed HO backdrops from Walther's, which I had reduced 50% to fit better with N scale.