Back To The Yard

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

A K&I switcher has picked up a string of loaded boxcars, & is now bound for the yard...

Attached Files:

2. Anachron

Anachron Member

WoW great modeling and a great pic to!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Real nice Charlie! :cool:
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool shot Charlie!!!! What I'm really drooling over are the buildings in the background - guess I'm just a pushover for old factories. Is it possible to see a photo of the buildings themselves? I would be forever grateful :D :D :D

5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:thumb: sweet! :thumb:
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks everyone! :)
    I guess one advantage to having a canera with such lousy depth of field is that it blurs the background, & you could almost believe that there is a large expanse of urban scenery behinf that train...
    Actually, there's about 30" from the point of the train, to the rear corner of the shelf that holds the layout...the buildings are a combination of shallow-relief structures, building flats, & printed buildings glued to a blue backdrop...

Attached Files:

7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nice shots! What industry is that Pennsey box car serving on the left?
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool!!!! Thanks a lot Charlie. It's amazing the illusions we create isn't it?

9. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Looks great Charlie!

10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks again! :)
    Hi Ralph!
    That's the E.V. Maupin Mfg.'s part of a whole complex that Runs along the backdrop of the layout, that I "scratch-bashed" out of a bunch of DPM & Walthers jits...
    This is sort of a "fictional history" of the co. - EVM
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Well, Charlie, even with it all in focus on that last shot, it still looks deep, and you would expect it to go on and on... :thumb:
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks Jon!
    But it looks like I got some kinda "whacked" camera angle goin' on there!:eek: :rolleyes:
    Must be some kida Italian thing...
    "The Leaning Town Of Pizza"? :D ;) :rolleyes: :D
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

That's not my astigmatism? :D :D :D
  14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

A couple of nice photos Charlie, got any up close to that switchers cab.
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Thanks for the low down on Maupin Mfg! An industry that evolves over the years with various styles of add-ons is an interesting and realistic concept. Your model of it is a good one!
  16. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Cool stuff, Charlie. :D

I love all this city scenes that several of you guys have! Love the buildings and the busy-ness of it all! Keep 'em coming!
  17. brakie

brakie Active Member

Charlie,That is one great picture..:D I really like it and it says it all-A railroad at work!:thumb: :D
  18. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

What a superb picture, Charlie! :thumb:
  19. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Great stuff:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: