Back to The-Gauge with a new layout

Xaniel

Hello,

Well, it's been a while since my last post here. How are you, Gaugers? I hope everythings fine.

I'm terribly sorry for not posting here for a long time, but time was very short.
Well, this thread is about my new modular layout.

This layout is to be built on three 95 cm's modules, switching type. It belongs to a huge layout in N, built bye three others. Each one of us has a part of this layout.
Please take a look at G160. It's in Portuguese but we also have it in English.

The layout represents the year of 1956, after WWII. The main line of Germany was damaged, and all trains were sent to a secondary line (our line :D)

The name Schanielburg it's based on a joke with my second name : Daniel.

Schanielburg stopped in time, and it's still inside off some castle walls.

Here are the photos.

This plan was made with AutoCAD:
plano.jpg

A drawing to show how the layout should look like when finished:
001.jpg

Plywood for the modules:
002.jpg

Two modules built side by side:
003.jpg

The scenery module with already two layer of 4mm cork:
006.jpg

The loco is one Minitrix SBB Re 4/4II and the track is Peco Code 55.
005.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed this.

Cheers!

RailRon

Fine to hear from you again, Luis. Welcome back!

The beginning of your layout looks very promising - keep us posted, pleeeease! Of course I'm also very interested because you are using a Swiss engine. Is your secondary line perchance leading through Swiss territory? :rolleyes: ;)
(In this case - if you have a question about Swiss or German RR details - feel free to contact me via PM.)

BTW, you are a really talented draftsman! The color sketch looks fine.

Ron

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Welcome back...!

Great drawings :D The CAD work and the 3-D sketch are amazing! Can't wait to see more. We (The Gauge) has added a modular forum. Check my signature links if you are interested...

Andrew

Xaniel

Hello again,

Thanks for all you thoughts, time and comments posted.

RailRon, the photo of the Swiss engine is just to show you this model I have. I like it, but it doesn't suit the era ot the place that my layout represents.

The layout represents a fictive secondary line located in the southwest of Germany , in the summer of 1956, connecting Rastatt to Pforzheim . It passes through Kapingenheim, Balitwald Karlsdorf, and of course Schanielburg, places invented in a parody with the names of the authors.

Steam was still king, and fisrt diesel were starting to show up, as the powerfull V200.

MasonJar, thanks for you welcome.

This layout is to be built by us members of the G160, but one of us is a true master in CAD. Look for Carlos Filipe on our site.

http://www.g160.org

BTW, I didn't make that draft. It was once again, Carlos!

Thanks.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It's good to see you posting again Luis. I really like those modules and it will be interesting to see how you develop them and get them hooked up to your friends modules. Some good switching opportunities in your design.

Xaniel

Thanks guys.
Here's my last aquisition to my collection.

It's a SVT 137 from Minitrix.

It's a beauty, and it runs very very smooth thanks to the bell-shaped amature motor and two flywheels.

Really nice.

Cheers!

svt_137_1.jpg

svt_137_2.jpg

Xaniel

Hello again!

Please, check my new site. Only in Portuguese, but clicking on the second button, you'll get some photos of the construction of my layout, on the third you get some rolling stock photos, and the fifth it's used to send some coments directly to my mail.

Hope you like it.

Cheers!

PS - There some things that aren't working yet, they will be soon. Please check back for some updates.

RailRon

Xaniel, this is a beautiful model of the SVT 137.

Perhaps it might be interesting to know for the other Gaugers, that the nickname of this train was 'The Flying Hamburger'. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nooooo! Of course in the 1930s they didn't mean the McDonald stuff - after all the city of Hamburg in Northern Germany has some natives, too - you guessed it: The Hamburgers! :D :D :D

The train was a great success. Built in 1932, and in regular service since 1933, it connected Hamburg with the German capital, Berlin. Regular top speed was 100 mph - and the train looks like it, doesn't it?

Again - beautiful model!

Ron

PS: Xaniel, the link to your layout in your profile doesn't work anymore! :( What is the new URL of your website?