Back in the Gauge

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by mgast, Dec 19, 2006.

1. mgast

mgast New Member

Hey Al!!!!
    Its been a while. I'm back in The Gauge and now modeling in On30.

I was modeling on Fn3 and for what I want to do in that scale will never materialize; building the Georgetown Loop to scale. Not enough real estate. Soooooooooooooooooooo, down scaling (LOL) to On30. Nice stuff.

Looking for an On30 club in Grand Rapids, MI. One that is open to all ideas.

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cool!! Welcome Back!!! Glad you found us again :) :) :) Do you want your old name back???? (marc gast)??????
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Mark,if you want an 0n30 club here in GR I think your going to have to start one. Now if you want a club that is multiscale in GR let me know,cause I can hook you up.:D

By the way WELCOME back!!
  4. mgast

mgast New Member

I am looking for any group that has On30.

I just purchased the 3 Precision Scale Geese, need to buy #1 RGS and have a C-16 Bumble Bee and 278 on order.

I've seen the new bachmann forney. Nice!! The inside frame is really close to the Cripple Creek #52 ORO. I'm planning on purchasing an insider. Need the climax for the New Mexico Logging Company. The new Bachmann Bunk cars (kitchen, etc) look cool.

I missed out on the K-27 outside cylinder, which is my favorite Mud Hen.

Anyway, I 'd like to build some modules, etc.

Please let me know.

5. mgast

mgast New Member

N Gauger,

Yes, I'd my original name back Marc Gast. However, still want the Colorado Narrow Gauger.

6. on30francisco

on30francisco New Member

On30 & Fn3

I model in Large Scale (Fn3) and On30. I enjoy building super detailed logging rolling stock , some small structures, and detailed track work (albeit very little due to the amount of space needed) in Large Scale. Granted, Fn3 is very easy and pleasurable to work with due to its size but it would take a gymnasium to have a layout with structures, scenery and trestles (I model indoors and am not interested in garden railroading). I like On30 because I can have some scenery, trestles, and structures in the space I have available plus I like some of the excellent Bachmann locos that are available. Although it is smaller and more finickey to work with than Fn3, it is easier to model in than HO and at least you can see some details without a microscope. I also build some logging and other rolling stock and structures in On30. I enjoy working with wood and Fn3 and On30, due to their size, are both excellent scales to do it in.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome back Marc! :wave:

8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - My (F) 1:20.3 is a bit cramped :) But I have a trestle :) :)

See link below
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Good to have you back Marc!
  11. jcoop1

jcoop1 Member

Welcome back

Nice to see another On30er.