Bachmann web site?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by JollyPopper, Oct 9, 2003.

1. JollyPopper

JollyPopper New Member

Newbie to N scale here wondering if anyone knows whether Bachmann has a web site. I have tried "" and get the message that that page cannot be displayed. I bought a couple of Bachmann engines on EBay that were supposedly NIB, but these NIB engines are about half worn out. One of them needs a gear set, among other things, and the other has have the valve assembly including all the side rods removed. So much for NIB. Thanks, guys
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge.
    try this link.
    Sorry to hear about the bad Ebay deal. Did you contact the seller or give negitive feadback? That's not right to give missleading information like that. Hope Bachmann can help, if not ask any questions you have someone here will be able to help.
  3. belg

belg Member

I hope you wrote to the seller and tried to return them and threaten to post NEGATIVE FEEDBACK that seems to be my best recourse after trying the polite way first of course. Good luck
  4. JollyPopper

JollyPopper New Member

Thanks for the input. I have not entered any feedback yet. I want to contact him first and find out if he is ignorant or fraudulent. Not sure which is worse, tho. I am trying to formulate in my mind just how pointed I want to get in my EMail to him.
  5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Bachmann has a lifetime guarrantee on their locomotives. Their "toy train" line is not anywhere near the quality of the Bachmann + and Spectrum lines, but if you send the locomotives in, and no one has modified them trying to make them work first, they will repair or replace the locomotives for you.
  6. JollyPopper

JollyPopper New Member

I read that on the inserts that came with these engines. However, thay also say that the Owner Registration Card must have been mailed to them within ten days of the original purchase. I have no idea if that was done or how they would know. The steam engine also has all the side rods and valve assembly removed and was not shipped with the engine. They might consider that a modification of the engine. What do you think---worth sending them in to see what happens or is it a waste of time?
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Max. I have never sent in a registration card on anything. I have had two different bachman engines go bad on me. I E Mailed them and they said to send the engines to them with a check for $15.00 The engines were out of warranty or I tried to fix them myself and messed up).

Both times, they called me on the phone to state that the engines were not repairable or parts not available but for another $15.00 they would send me a new one.

I went for it and come out way ahead. The last one was a steam engine (2-6-0) that the front pilot wheel mount broke. They sent me the 2-8-0 engine which ran twice as good as the older one. All for a total of $30.00. They didn't question on how the front pilot mount broke. (fell from the layout bench to the floor.)
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Welcome to the-gauge JP!

Funny how that Bachmann lifetime warranty expires after the first year...