Bachmann & Model Power- Same Comapny?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Am I wrong in thinking that Bachmann and Model Power are the same company? Their packaging looks kind of similar and I've been given the impression that the two are interchangable as far as track goes. What's the story?

I just bought an HO Model Power set for my daughter for Christmas. It seems like a nice enough little train and it was cheap enough that it will be no great financial loss if she breaks it. (Of course, she will have Daddy's supervision most of the time but little kids like to get into stuff they shouldn't when we're not looking. :D ) I know she's gonna love it though. She thinks running my O27 is the coolest thing in the world so having her own train to run should thrill her.

Model Power
180 Smith St.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone: 800/628-2803
Web Site: www.modelpower.com (under construction)

Bachmann National Sales Office
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19124 USA
For All Inquiries NOT Related To Customer Service
Email: sales@bachmanntrains.com
Telephone: 215-533-1600
For Service Inquiries
E-mail: Click on the "Service" link to be directed to our convenient service form
Telephone: 800-356-3910 (toll free; US and Canada residents only.)
Web Site: www.bachmanntrains.com

The Bach-Man also has offices in the UK, Germany, and China.
Their website also displays the Liliput logo.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
cidchase said:
Model Power
180 Smith St.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone: 800/628-2803
Web Site: www.modelpower.com (under construction)

How did you find that?
I Googled them several times and all I could find were vendors selling their stuff.
I wonder how long the site has been "under construction"

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't remember the details, but I fuzzily remember a while back Bachmann and Model Power actually sued each other over the similarity between the EZ-Track and Power-Loc track. Not sure how the case went or if it's still in litigation.

Nope, definitely not the same company.

(In any case, I think Kato's Unitrack is better than either of those. :D )

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
LongIslandTom said:
I don't remember the details, but I fuzzily remember a while back Bachmann and Model Power actually sued each other over the similarity between the EZ-Track and Power-Loc track. Not sure how the case went or if it's still in litigation.

Nope, definitely not the same company.

(In any case, I think Kato's Unitrack is better than either of those. :D )

I wonder if they noticed thy have the same box as well.
Then again... They both have Lionel's color sceme. :D

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
!WARNING! This post may make you loony like me!

To::wave: Bachmann...... :cry: Would you like a little cheese with that wine?:cry: WAAAAAAAA!sign1 BM & MP going at it like children.fence1

Just like UP and all that camotion about their logo. You didn't see all these other railroads making a big did out of their logo. Actually they prefered it because it was great publicity for them so why complain? At least they finally knocked that crap off and grew up about it. Or did they just get tired of all the time and money they were wasting on court so they just said heck with it?

UP and model train manufacture(s) peasoup back and forth at each other.

All this stuff is starting to make me feel like this little guy. ---->hamr
bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7

All my little potashes tooth1

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Welcome to Monday Night RAW!
The main event tonight is a 4 way elemination match!
It will be Bachmann VS Model Power and MTH VS Lionel!
The winners of these two matches will go on to face each other at the next pay per view for the Wolrd Model Train Heaveyweight Championship!

Let's get ready to RRRUUUUMMMMBBBBBBLLLLEEE!!!

:D

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
And the winner will match up with Union Pacific and fight it out over the requirement to pay royalties for use of the UP logo.