Bachmann freight cars coupler

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by patgin, Oct 17, 2007.

1. patgin

patgin Member

I bought a 36 cars lot. They are from Bachmann, white box with purple '' Freight cars ' write on it. The guy who sold me those cars told me that they are rapido coupler equipped but they don't, they are equipped with another kind of coupler but I can't tell which kind. Someone knows? I also have 55 locos and 25 other cars all equipped with rapido coupler. What should be the best move to do ( at the better pice) ?
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Can you post a pic?
    The only other coupler I can think of that would be the Micro-Trains truck mounted coupler, which looks close to the real thing.
  3. patgin

patgin Member

I will try to post a pic but I can say that they are truck mounted coupler, looks like real thing so maybe you are right. The coupler does not have the little pin below then, only the hook.

I wonder if I could only change the hook/coupler and keep the truck?

I will try to take a picture this afternoon
  4. patgin

patgin Member

No time to take a picture but this is a picture took on the Bachmann website:
    Welcome to Bachmann Trains Online

This is one of the cars, the coupler is not a Rapido one but don't have the pin below the hook....anyone could help me?
  5. baldwinjl

baldwinjl Member

That pic is of an HO car, so it isn't the coupler you have, for sure.

So, look at this page:
    Information on Couplers

A lot of times the pin will fall out/be taken out of the MT couplers. For manual use, they are not really needed, but they are eaily replaced.

6. patgin

patgin Member

I check all the N scale coupler on this page, they looks like Intermountain pin...
    I will take a picture tonight...this will help ...