Bachmann EZ Command

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SR39, Jan 17, 2007.

1. SR39

SR39 Member

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Bachmann EZ Command DCC system? If so, what is your opinion? I understand they have come out with some additions to it. Would it be a good beginning system?
  2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

It's a good beginning system for'me'. It all depends on what you want it to do.
    It is entry level, so it's not feature packed like the more popular systems.
  3. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

I am not DCC (yet?) but when I have asked about this system I've been steered to the entry-level North Coast or Digitrax systems as being more flexible. Apparently there are only so many locos that can be controlled by the EZ Command.
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

5. SR39

SR39 Member

Thanks for the repiles. Since I am doing the small Scenic Ridge layout, it seems that the EZ Command system would be o.k. This is, until I expand and then I could upgrade. The local train store recommended this system. Thanks again

6. DavidB-AU

DavidB-AU Member

I would recommend the NCE PowerCab as a starter set. It's not that much more than the Bachmann system, but has many more features and you don't have to throw it away when you're ready to upgrade. It's upwardly compatible with the ProCab.

7. fifer

fifer Active Member

8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

I have the EZ Command system. Good simple system that really is a trough away or give away system if you want to get something better in the future.

The instruction manual could be better.
    As is, it will run "up to 3 engines" at the same time but if you want to run more you need the power supply that is kinda expensive.

I got mine to see what DCC was all about. I have used it less than a year and am ready to upgrade this spring. I don't regret buying it, I regret buying it from a hobby shop that the owner is a train guy but knows nother about DCC nor seems interested in learning.

9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Rick,I read somewhere that the EZ Command system is a Bachmann/Lentz partnership..Is that correct or does it say in your instructions?
  10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Larry, it doesn't say.

11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Thanks! Much appreciated!
  12. fifer

fifer Active Member

Brakie , Yes it was developed in coordination with Lenz.

13. fifer

fifer Active Member

14. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great! I thought I read that on some forum or somewhere..

Thanks! Much appreciated!