Bachmann EZ Command

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Bachmann EZ Command DCC system? If so, what is your opinion? I understand they have come out with some additions to it. Would it be a good beginning system?

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
It's a good beginning system for'me'. It all depends on what you want it to do.
It is entry level, so it's not feature packed like the more popular systems.

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
I am not DCC (yet?) but when I have asked about this system I've been steered to the entry-level North Coast or Digitrax systems as being more flexible. Apparently there are only so many locos that can be controlled by the EZ Command.

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Thanks for the repiles. Since I am doing the small Scenic Ridge layout, it seems that the EZ Command system would be o.k. This is, until I expand and then I could upgrade. The local train store recommended this system. Thanks again

Jim

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
I would recommend the NCE PowerCab as a starter set. It's not that much more than the Bachmann system, but has many more features and you don't have to throw it away when you're ready to upgrade. It's upwardly compatible with the ProCab.

Cheers
David

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
I have the EZ Command system. Good simple system that really is a trough away or give away system if you want to get something better in the future.

The instruction manual could be better.
As is, it will run "up to 3 engines" at the same time but if you want to run more you need the power supply that is kinda expensive.

I got mine to see what DCC was all about. I have used it less than a year and am ready to upgrade this spring. I don't regret buying it, I regret buying it from a hobby shop that the owner is a train guy but knows nother about DCC nor seems interested in learning.

Rick