Bachmann Climax!

camelot

Clima Pictures

Here are some pictures of the Bachman climax for those who are interested , the other loco in the first picture is a MDC 2 truck shay to give you an idea of the climax size.

000_3109.JPG

000_3110.JPG

000_3111.JPG

Cheers

Ian

Ian, the pics look great. Thank you. Has anybody figured out exactly what the bag of black powder is? I just left the stuff alone until somebody comes up with the answer!

It's really a beautiful loco. Now I have to figure a way to glean some more modeling time out of my day so that I can get some layout work done. My Climax needs more room to "exercise".
--Stu--

wjstix

It isn't really powder, it's kinda chunky...about like Woodland Scenics 'medium cinders' ballast. Pretty sure it's coal, silica doesn't come in a clear plastic bag !! Guess I can pop over to the Bachmann website and post the question there. BTW the "Bach-man" says they didn't offer it in other than coal version because the real loco they based it on was a coalburner.

wjstix

According to the Bachmann website, the bag is 'cinders' to be used as scenic detailing to the coal load, in the cab etc. Apparently the same bag o cinders was included in the 2-6-6-2. So it is SAFE to open and use it !! :)