Bachmann Climax!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by neilmunck, Oct 26, 2004.

1. camelot

camelot Member

Clima Pictures

Here are some pictures of the Bachman climax for those who are interested , the other loco in the first picture is a MDC 2 truck shay to give you an idea of the climax size.

2. grlakeslogger

grlakeslogger Member

Ian, the pics look great. Thank you. Has anybody figured out exactly what the bag of black powder is? I just left the stuff alone until somebody comes up with the answer!

It's really a beautiful loco. Now I have to figure a way to glean some more modeling time out of my day so that I can get some layout work done. My Climax needs more room to "exercise".
  3. wjstix

wjstix Member

It isn't really powder, it's kinda chunky...about like Woodland Scenics 'medium cinders' ballast. Pretty sure it's coal, silica doesn't come in a clear plastic bag !! Guess I can pop over to the Bachmann website and post the question there. BTW the "Bach-man" says they didn't offer it in other than coal version because the real loco they based it on was a coalburner.
  4. wjstix

wjstix Member

According to the Bachmann website, the bag is 'cinders' to be used as scenic detailing to the coal load, in the cab etc. Apparently the same bag o cinders was included in the 2-6-6-2. So it is SAFE to open and use it !! :)