Bachman ez controller & prgraming codes

ron73es

Dec 18, 2006
new here,

I have a basic setup in the works. I have two dcc locos. One Bachman the other Genesis.

the bachman ez controller readdressing procedure does not work to reassign either engine address. I did follow the instructions & do one at a time. zilch.

The bachman controller has no F-null position to control the genesis directional light. The bachman light work as designed on f-10. Any suggested procedure to turn it on. All other functions work as indicated.

I have the locos set up on two independent loops running opposite directions that are parralel wired to the controller.

Other than not being able to control the engines independentlyly everything works fine (except for these details).

any help appreciated.

r.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Hi Ron, I have ez command and change engine addresses with no problem. Did you have both locos on the track at the same time? That,s all I can think of offhand, if you can work the function,s you should be able to change addresses.
Loren

ron73es

Dec 18, 2006
Thanks grewsome,

I did do one at a time without luck.. it is up & running now so I won't get back to technical issues until after xmas...

My other quandry is accessing an F-0 function to turn on the lights on my Genisis 4-6-6-4

The Bachmann works fine at F-10 but the steamer just doesnt respond there. All of the other DCC functions work correctly so it is just an addressing function
Any ideas ?
thanks

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
ron73es said:
Thanks grewsome,

I did do one at a time without luck.. it is up & running now so I won't get back to technical issues until after xmas...

My other quandry is accessing an F-0 function to turn on the lights on my Genisis 4-6-6-4

The Bachmann works fine at F-10 but the steamer just doesnt respond there. All of the other DCC functions work correctly so it is just an addressing function
Any ideas ?
thanks

Contact Athearn. A friend at the railroad club found the decoders that come in the Genesis f-units would not work the lights correctly, and either a fix is in the owrks or he is fixing his own, I'm not sure which. I don't know if there is a similar problem with the Challenger, but You should contact Athearn with your problem first in case there is a problem that they are aware of. The problem might be in the decoder and not in your system.

ron73es

Dec 18, 2006
Thanks for the info.

I will get to Athearn soon...
Great information.
You guys are as informative and helpful as my Volvo 1800 group.