Bachman City Scenes

Hi All,
The wife and I went looking for Bachman's Spectrum Series Savings & Loan (HO Gauge) over this past weekend, and were surprised to learn that bachman has stopped production of all It's city scenes and are no longer going to produce them, it seem's that all hobby shops within 50 mile radius of Kalamazoo, Michigan were sold out. By chance I called one in Lansing, Mi. and lo and behold they still had all seven in stock, and offered them for 50 to 75% off retail, so I ended up spending my birthday money for next year. Guess I won't be going DCC this year after all, unless Santa Claus is real good come Christmas time. I also was able to pick up some Junk buildings from a neighbor to practice painting, who knows, I may even be able to bash some parts "offn em." when I'm done learning on em. I'm sure I'll be needin help, when I get started on the real ones. Talk to ya all soon...planeshavings :rolleyes:

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Huh. That's an excellent idea, PS. My mom gave me some buildings for gifts a while ago, and I really couldn't think of a good place for 'em - a church and a farmhouse for starters. I shall have to look at them again, and ponder whether they wouldn't make something good by combining 'em, or just using parts of 'em in something else.

Combination

Originally posted by rockislandmike
Huh. That's an excellent idea, PS. My mom gave me some buildings for gifts a while ago, and I really couldn't think of a good place for 'em - a church and a farmhouse for starters. I shall have to look at them again, and ponder whether they wouldn't make something good by combining 'em, or just using parts of 'em in something else.

Sounds good Michael, let us know what you come up with, a church and farmhouse Hm?? should be interesting...Possibly an Amish communmity??? I have a hunch we'll get more help on this one. planeshavings: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: