Bachman Brineys

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
It looks like the Bachman Briney's are here. I'll post a photo when I get one

Bill Nelson

I have ordered one from Micro Mark, ETA 6 or 7 days, a full review will follow shortly after it's arrival

Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
In the House

My Bachman Briney showed up.

It looks good, but mine didn't come with any documentation, here are some picks and first impressions.

It looks great, and the trolley poles work very well. It runs OK, with some stiffness that will probably disapear as it is run in, and some isues that are probabbly a result of running with DC through the dual mode decoder.

There is a chip in the packing, probably to replace the dual mode decoder with straight dc. no documentation, so I'm not sure.

This sample has some slop on the rails, like it gauged a little skinny. I'll check that out later, it may be a simple matter of prying the wheels out. Spreading the wheels out will probably help it run better too.

it has a switch under the floor that allows operation off of the rails, or of the rails and the trolley poles, a nice touch.

First impression is , out of the box , this is the best looking and running single truck street car I have ever run into.

Bill Nelson

Attachments

• SML BB#2.jpg
    SML BB#2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 32
  • SMLA-1 BB#1.jpg
    SMLA-1 BB#1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 31