Baby on the way!

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Well, Kate is in her 34th week of this pregnancy and noticed yesterday that the baby was not moving much. So I left work early and took her to the hospital. Since we lost one child at this stage 3 years ago, they put her on the monitors and have done some ultrasounds and while some tests look good, he is not moving around enough for them and they are going to induce labor (just in case). So while nervous, things are looking good.

Anyway, now the waiting starts....

Michael

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about your loss 3 years ago.

But now you and your wife have another chance and I hope everything turns out for the best.:) :)

Is he going to love trains? Dad better teach him well.

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Daniel (8) loves trains and has some HO of his own already. Erin (2) likes watching trains on TV, so things are looking good there too! ;) And no "girls" trains for her either, she gets the real things when she is old enough.

Michael

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I think that is great that kids can get into trains at such an early age. I have been into tucks and trains pretty much since I was born when my grandma gave me my first hotwheels dump truck. Then when I was around 2 or 3, I started to watch Thomas the Tanmk Engine. I only recently started getting into modelling HO scale 3 years ago but I wish I woul have started when I was your son Daniel's age because it is just so fun to do.:thumb:

Looks like dad has done a great job teaching the kids about trains. sign1 sign1

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
30 day countdown....

My wife is due 30 days from today. Last week the baby wasn't moving much either, we went for ultrasound and the baby started kicking and dancing. As the placenta grows, the room isn't very roomy anymore and can limit baby's mobility. My guess is your baby is 100% fine, maybe just laying low so mom can get some rest. At this stage of the game, your baby is "almost outta the woods", so relax and think happy thoughts.:wave:

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
The waiting is over

Mark James Fortner arrived by C-section today at 12:11 PM EDT. He weighed in at only 3 lbs 6.5 ounces, and I didn't get the weight. They had to do an emergency C-section because his pulse rate was dropping. They right now have him on an IV for his low blood sugar and a breathing tube which should come out this evening. Mother and baby are fine.

Praise the Lord that is over with....

Michael

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Congrats and our prayers are with you all Michael !!! I think MICHAEL is a great name for a boy. It has a nice ring about it. I wanna be the first to welcome our new lil gauger !!!!