B5 White Star???

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

If there's no intersection in the mesh then I'd be willing to take a look. Though I'm busy too so I'd be doing it inbetween everything else.

Send it over and I'll take a look see. :)
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the pdo is 21 megs so if you realy whant it i can send it to you.
  3. Master-Bruce

21?? What kind of mesh is that?? I'll take a look, but I won't be able to download it until I get to my dads broadband connection. Poor old me, I'm still dial-up. :(
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the mesh isnt too bad i think the textures take up a lot of space.they are realy good textures.
  5. Master-Bruce

Well, like I said. Send it on over and I'll take a looky. No promises though, I'm busy too but I like the look of this ship.
  6. Man I wish I knew what to do!!!! I just hope someone can hook us up with a good one.
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Hey gang,

Taking a break from the BSG stuff for a few minutes I fiddled around with the Whitestar meshes from ap3d.com (mentioned in an earlier post). The low poly one would make a good start. There's lots of intersection to deal with, and the textures don't import (loses UV data for some reason), but that's fairly easily dealt with.

Again, the problem is permission. I sent an email off to the author as well so we'll see what happens. If we don't hear soon, I'll submit a request via the company's feedback form.

I would happily take care of adjusting the mesh for unfolding, but I can't start on it until after we finish off the BSG ship pack (at least the ships that aren't yet available elsewhere). I've made a commitment to that project, so I can't take on anything else just yet.

8. Master-Bruce

Again, I don't mind doing the unfolding. :) SJ, Nothing and I seem to work well like this. SJ cleans them up, Nothing and I unfold them.

I'm sure we can get this out to those who want it some time soon.

Though I'm afraid I agree with SJ. Being a BSG nut, those puppies come first for me too.
  9. Guys I understand! I love BSG also and look forward to all of those ships with great joy:mrgreen:. I am also a great Bab5 lover and belive that this shows ships have been overlooked. I have waited this long whats more time to an old guy?? So by all means take your time and bring another great model to us Sci-Fi lovers!!!!
    Thanks for everything yall have done for tis hobby!!!

10. Master-Bruce

Thanks Jerry. I'll get right on it once SJ has cleaned it up for us. Has a nice papermodel of the B5 station ever been done?? I always liked that. I also have a game mod mesh somewhere we could use in the future too???
  11. There has been a small model of the station done but I really think(seeing what yall have done) ther could be a better one made.
  12. Master-Bruce

Cool. That's another future WIP then. :)
  13. sherban

sherban Member

14. Master-Bruce

Of course there is!! I forgot all about seeing that one.
  15. Master-Bruce

No news from me. I'm a tad busy plus i'm workin on other things first. I haven't even got the mesh to take a look at what needs doing.
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

sorry been rather busy myself.

skip as soon as you get your connection worked out ill send the mesh. the textures are awsome on it.
  17. Master-Bruce

Hi Nothing, I'm not sure how long for but it's up and running again now. Send away. :) If it's a large file, I'll need to wait until the weekend before downloading so I can use my dads broadband connection.

As soon as I have I'll see what I can do. Is there any intersection? If not then I can get it build ready pretty quickly.
  18. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ther doesnt apear to be any intersection. with all the curves an compund curve it will take time to peice the parts. it is a large file i think because of the textures.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

its a little over 2 mb. its on the way