B5 White Star???

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Has anyone or could anyone do a White Star from Babylon 5? I really like these ships and there are so many talented people out here I figured I would ask.

2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive got a mesh for it ill pull it ou and take a look at. its a complex design.:thumb:
  3. That would be cool! I really think it would be a popular model.
  4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Seconded, I was looking for a White Star earlier on and couldn't find one.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ill see what i can do
  6. If it will help I have a low poly and high poly mesh for it. I would love to be able to do this kinda thing for myself but alas the computer is still a magic box to me:eek:.
  7. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Hello guys,
    for anyone who has the skills, I am includig 2 different sets of meshes and textures for the whitestar. I tried once to work on the lighter one with Pepakura but it needed a lot of rework ad I did not have the time to do it. These were found free on the internet but if someone can unfold a valid model it would be appropriate to ask for permission from the guy that did the original work : kier@ap3d.com.
    He includes the following message in the model:

Conditions for Use

This model is freeware, but must not be distributed from anywhere but ap3d.com without prior permission from me.

Please do not alter the models in any way without first consulting me.

If you produce any animations or stills with this model, please let me know about it via email or otherwise, or even send me a sample of your work.

Webmasters: Please DO NOT link directly to this zip archive from your site. If you want to include a link to Whitestar v4.0 on your site, please link either to Alternate Perspective Online. 3D Animation, Network Render Farm Services and Web Authoring if you want the full information page, or White Star Registration if you want to link directly to the download page.

Copyright Notice
    This dataset copyright 2000 Kier Darby

Babylon 5, The White Star and anything Babylon 5 related is the property of Warner Bros.

The White Star was designed by Ron Thornton of Foundation Imaging.

This model remains the property of Kier Darby. I reserve the right to withdraw this model from online status at any time.

This model was created for purely recreational purposes and MUST NOT be used in any project which will incur a financial gain through its use, save for distribution through floppy disk based PD libraries who may not charge anymore than the cost of the disk and shipping. If you disobey this, you may well find yourself looking at a rather hefty law suit from Warner Bros. or Babylonian Productions Inc. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Attached Files:

8. I seen those and did't know if they could be used so I left them alone. I just hope we can get a model 1/2 as good as the ones I have seen Nothing do in the past. It should be really AWSOME!!!!:thumb:
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i just sent for permision to use the model.well have to wait for a response.
  10. I really thank you ALOT Nothing. I hope we can get something going on this as I am EXCITED!!!!:mrgreen:
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

so far no response from the owner of the mesh. the low poly one would work but the high poly ones (i have 3) just wont work.
  12. Well I hope he is still out there as I really want this ship. Maybe we all need to request permission and hopefully he will get the hint that we really want this.
  13. anything new on the permission side?????
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

no havnt heard back. however i might have a lead on a new aproach.stay tuned...:thumb:
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

will a foot long sufice?
  16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Sure, but it would be nice if you made a smaller version too.
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i myself prefer mostly smaller models due to space constraints but i find most people seem to whant larger models. i was intending on a smaller one but for the ones that whant a bigger one id like to know how big they whant it.
  18. Dracofunk

Dracofunk New Member

I prefer the smaller models, insanely small. :mrgreen:
  19. Foot long???? Shure I just want a white star to go with the other ships I have from the series. I am just trying to keep up with you all in the BSG builds and am having a blast (I think the wife is pissed about having little ships hanging everywhere) but what the hey. Thank for all your help.
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

with my work on battlestar galactica and stargate i dont know if i canget this one done any time soon. is there any one who might whant to take a crack at it? i can send a pdo or obj file?