B&O switch crew

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Art67, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Art67

Art67 Member

Hello everyone, A few pictures of the B&O switch crew working the piers of Baltimore. Also, dusk has fallen on an old steam tug that has tied up for the evening. More to come.

Attached Files:

• tug.jpg
      File size:
      58.3 KB
    • 040.jpg
      File size:
      68.3 KB
    • pier.jpg
      File size:
      53.1 KB
  2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's & Layout.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice pictures, I particularily like the way the buildings dominate the scene. Neat tug boat, too, who makes it?

4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Awesome photos!
  5. ding chavez

ding chavez Member

lots of detail
  6. Art67

Art67 Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The layout is a work in progress {aren't they all?}, and some of the buildings are "leaners", kind of reminds me of a house of cards at times, but I am still tweaking the waterfronts skyline at the moment. Overall I am pleased with the way the buildings dwarf the trains, and look as if they actually could justify the amount of cars spotted at them. The tug was purchased several years ago from ModelExpo, and was called "Taurus steam tug". I think it was 1:96 scale, but it still "looks right". I heard ModelExpo went out of business during the Florida hurricanes a few years ago, and the March 2005 issue of Model Railroader says the tug is available from a company called Model Shipways. That issue of MR had a great feature on rail-marine operations. Everyone have a great day! Stuart.
  7. rksstl

rksstl Member

Great photos and layout Stuart :thumb:
  8. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Excellent pictures!!
  9. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Great pictures, Art! I like the sprawling look the buildings have.
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

More terrific photos! Love the tug and that dockside switcher! You've achieved a nice industrial grittiness to the scene (that's a compliment! :) )
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Beautiful pictures and layout