B&O switch crew

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Hello everyone, A few pictures of the B&O switch crew working the piers of Baltimore. Also, dusk has fallen on an old steam tug that has tied up for the evening. More to come.

Attachments

• tug.jpg
    tug.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 20
  • pier.jpg
    pier.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 17

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The layout is a work in progress {aren't they all?}, and some of the buildings are "leaners", kind of reminds me of a house of cards at times, but I am still tweaking the waterfronts skyline at the moment. Overall I am pleased with the way the buildings dwarf the trains, and look as if they actually could justify the amount of cars spotted at them. The tug was purchased several years ago from ModelExpo, and was called "Taurus steam tug". I think it was 1:96 scale, but it still "looks right". I heard ModelExpo went out of business during the Florida hurricanes a few years ago, and the March 2005 issue of Model Railroader says the tug is available from a company called Model Shipways. That issue of MR had a great feature on rail-marine operations. Everyone have a great day! Stuart.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
More terrific photos! Love the tug and that dockside switcher! You've achieved a nice industrial grittiness to the scene (that's a compliment! :) )
Ralph