B&O switch crew/new caboose.

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
The crew of the y122 is once again hard at work switching the Domino Sugars plant. The Conductor however, is happy {wich is rare} as his new crummy is fresh from the paint shop. It's not likely to stay that way for too long.

Attachments

• caboose1.jpg
    caboose1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
  • news1.jpg
    news1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
  • wards1.jpg
    wards1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 27
  • piggyback3.jpg
    piggyback3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 29
  • horizon1.jpg
    horizon1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 34

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Thanks for the kind words everyone, but can someone explain to me what the terms "LPP'S and LPBs" mean? Thanks again, Stuart.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
As a newcomer to this "electronicspeak", where everything needs to be shortened into a mysterious code, I think LPPs are little plastic people, and LPBs are little plastic b*st*rds or b*gg*rs, although we could just as easily say lightweight posed populous or lovingly painted bipeds. While I did use the form in my reply, I generally disdain the use of such short forms, as it's easy to form one's own erroneous interpretation of such. Even worse, in my opinion, are forced acronyms, where we're expected to ennunciate elided vowels, or 'phone numbers that spell out some cutesy word. Well, that's my rant for the week. Carry on.

Wayne

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Thanks again for all the positive feedback from everyone and a thanks to Wayne for explaining the LPBS and LPPS. I got a good laugh out of it in my erroneous attempt to extrapolate the meaning, and mistakingly deduced it meant low photographic perspective or something or other. Little did I know it was in reference to the hardworking crew of the y122...I'll pass the compliments on to them. They will be tickled pink, because, as everyone knows, no class-one railroad ever gives the crew an "atta boy". Well, thats all for now. Thanks, Stuart.