B&O Railroad Museum Back Open

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
This is a little late because i just found it,

B&O Railroad Museum reopens tomorrow

BALTIMORE, Md. - The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum will reopen its doors to the public this weekend and visitors will be able to again explore the 1884 National Historic Landmark Roundhouse, closed since February 2003 after a snowstorm caused part of its roof to collapse, damaging some of the locomotives and artifacts inside.
In addition to the restored roundhouse, visitors will be able to see some of the museum’s expanded facilities and view new exhibition galleries featuring a model railroad collection, railroad china and silver, clocks, and pocket watches from the Smithsonian Institution.

The museum will celebrate its grand reopening during Memorial Day weekend, 2005, when it will unveil its new state-of-the-art restoration facility and open the historic passenger car shop to the public. Other exhibits and expanded facilities include a new living history center and family activity center. For more information on the Museum’s reopening, visit their B&O Museum

ddavidv

Good news! I've been wanting to visit there for some time. I found out about the museum not too long after the roof fell. :cry: As they have 1 of the 2 Western Maryland BL-2's there, I've been anxious to check it out. Busy time of year, now though.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Originally Posted By ddavidv
Good news! I've been wanting to visit there for some time. I found out about the museum not too long after the roof fell. :cry: As they have 1 of the 2 Western Maryland BL-2's there, I've been anxious to check it out. Busy time of year, now though.

That was sad when that happened. I couldn't believe it happened until i seen it. But i am glad they got it all fixed back up and are back open. I have seen some photo's of the WM's BL-2. A very nice looking locomotive. :thumb:

P

philip

Thats great news Matthew! Always wanted to visit that museum!:thumb:

Phil