B&O Local 6449

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by chessie4155, Jun 3, 2007.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Caught Local 6449 West at the crossing beside the ol country store.
    Walthers tankcar
    Athearn 50ft Southern Boxcar
    Atlas Trainman shorty 3 bay coverd hopper, repainted from C&O
    Intermoutain 2 bay coverd hopper
    Accurail 50ft Milwauke boxcar
    ??? 50ft C&O plug door boxcar
    Roundhouse 50ft N&W gondola
    Athearn C&O/Chessie WV caboose
    Busch Dodge power wagon
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great set of shots!:thumb::thumb:
  3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Sweet Roll-by!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice roll-by indeed but you fooled me! I didn't realize right away that 6449 was running long nose first and was I surprised to see the caboose come in from the left! :) Looking back I could have picked up on some clues by looking more closely as the rolling stock passed. Is this a branch line because I think I recognise that pedestrian bridge that has track running under it in the back ground from other pics of yours...right?

5. chessie4155

Good eye Ralph. B&O ran LHF on their GP9s. The bridge is a little country road bridge though.
  6. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I got mixed up about the direction of travel too...
  7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Me three! Nice shots.
  8. brakie

brakie Active Member

Not so fast my fellow Chessie fan..After the C&O took control of the B&O they sent several GP9s to shore up B&Os power problems.These exC&O geeps ran short hood forward and kept their C&O numbers..
    Here is on such unit.

Also WM received some C&O geeps as well..

BTW..Every time I watch your videos I want to start modeling Chessie(c&o) full time..:mrgreen:
  9. chessie4155

Very good weedhopper, you know your Chessie History well, but what I said was B&O ran their (B&O) GP9s LHF. The C&O did send the WM and B&O some of their GP9s which did run SHF. As for your modeling the C&O/ Chessie..Go for it:thumb:, I would love to see more Chessie modelers. We seem to be far and few between. :mrgreen::wave:
  10. brakie

brakie Active Member

weedhopper bows..You are right Master..I should have notice your geep is a 6400 series making it a true B&O unit..:ANYWORD:
  11. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

LH or SH first doesnt matter cause either way it was a great run-by :thumb: :D --josh
  12. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Is a weedhopper higher ranking or lower than a grasshopper:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  13. chessie4155

LOL I take it you guys aren't used to seeing a GP9 running long hood forward..:mrgreen:

Brakie: I guess maybe we both should have also mentioned that any engine with Chessie paint had the lil kitty on the front only..:mrgreen: :wave:

Oh honerable Rogerw: weedhopper be much higher in ranking than said grasshopper.. :wink:
  14. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I'm used to them either way, but I think it's the setup of the first photo. The engine is heading slightly away from the viewer, the opposite of what I expect in a roll-by.
  15. chessie4155

Sorry for all the confusion about the direction of travel. I didn't know there was right or wrong way to shoot a runby:oops:. Next time I'll announce which way the engine is going so as not to cause so much confusion. Once again, Sorry Folks.
  16. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Not to beat a dead horse...

I don't mind that the train was heading slightly away. Roll-bys don't have to be that formalized.
  17. chessie4155

I'm kinda new at these runbys. Learning as I go. Hopefully they will get better.
  18. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Great.:mrgreen:
  19. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

OK now I feel stupid :oops::oops: what did I miss on the direction thing? cant it go either way? Before you answer keep in mind there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people that ask questions.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  20. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

The short hood forward vs. long hood forward has to do with the setup of the cab interior. It's certainly possible to run either way, whichever way the loco is set up.