B-mann DD40AX

nscaler711

Mar 23, 2007
CO MO
Unfortunantly i had to pitch my DD40AX away b/c im a clumsy fool.
what had happened was that i had accidently knocked ithe train off of my train table....when she hit the floor the shell and the trucks shatterd:cry:
it sucked. i had put so much time and effort to get it back running after the dude on ebay sold it to me for $30.00+.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Thats a real shame, monetarily and from the point of view of losing a piece of equipment. Maybe some kind of low wall, clear plastic or even some low terrain along the edge of the layout will prevent that problem in the future.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
HOLLY SMOKES!:eeki: nscaler711, i feel bad for you:( . i shudder at the thought of that happening to ANY of my engines:( . no possible way of fixing it huh?:confused: BTW, NICE avatar!:) -Deano

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
:( :( What a bummer... I would take a bit of time to think of some easy ways to keep that from happening again. I see that Jim has thrown out a couple of good ideas. You might want to consider a soft floor covering also to mitigate a future occurance if you are not able to put the blocks or extension into effect. Hang on to the motor, and gears and frame for possible bashing projects.

nscaler711

Mar 23, 2007
CO MO
the motors i kept all two of them the frame i kept and well it was junk anyways (B-Mann Quality Control i guess:?) but anyways thanks for the tips Deano thanks for the compliment about the avatar......if ur wondering that is an Kato Union Pacific SD70M most expensive loco i own!.....Union Pacific is AWESOME!!!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
...Deano thanks for the compliment about the avatar......if ur wondering that is an Kato Union Pacific SD70M most expensive loco i own!.....Union Pacific is AWESOME!!!
Again, my condolences on loosing such a fine looking engine:(. i am GLAD to see that your a UP fan though!:up: :) WELCOME ABOARD!:mrgreen: (...if your interested, you can find more of us UP fans here: http://forum.zealot.com/t119271/ ) :up: