B-52 Test Flight

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jeffrey-wimberl, Apr 6, 2007.

1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Not train related but very impressive. This video is of the maiden flight which went off without a hitch. Keep in mind this thing cost about $12,000. The plane didn't make it through the second flight. It crashed during the flight. The video is about 9 minutes long. Not recommended for you dial-up guys.

2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Impressive when it went down too...jawdrop
  3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

holy cow, a small dog could ride in that thing!

4. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

I can't even imagine how hard your heart would be pounding being the "pilot" on that first flight. All that time and work - and once it's airborne - you've got to land it!
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

that was awesome!,i always loved watchin RC pilots at air shows,but i never saw one that huge!!!--josh
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I wanna see the 2nd flight!
  7. n4085b

n4085b New Member

8. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Thanks for the links. I've posted them on my forum so that others there may watch them too.
  9. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Looks like the wind caught it.
  11. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

I agree that these are really awesome models, but I can't imagine them being much fun to fly after just a few trips to the airfield. It's not like there's just a whole lot you can do with them.
  12. zedob

zedob Member

Yeah, it's almost like having an invisible layout:D

beautiful models though.
  13. nhguy

nhguy Member

Looks like he lost control of it to me. Flame out? Battery disconnect? Radio Failure? Hard to tell

Bill S.
  14. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Wow. What an impressive model. Those turbine engines sound just like their full size counterparts. Too bad it crashed. Especially at $12,000.:cry: