B-25 Alpha build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

and again.......

Attached Files:

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

and finally..................

Attached Files:

3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Looking good! Even with your boo boo's your build speed is quite daunting! My snail's pace tires me out! :grin:
    BTW - you, me and Joe Walsh - Ordinary Average Guys! 8)
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

Well John,

Looks like I'm falling behind. Hopefully I can catch up and get some pics by the weekend. You've gotten the new stuff on and it looks good. My model has none of the new parts, yet. Gotta figure out how to do a couple of things with it.

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well I've got the right engine finished..........

Attached Files:

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

another shot...............

Attached Files:

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Top view....................

Attached Files:

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Tail shot...............

Attached Files:

9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

very nice model and work my friend i going to start mine this week (i head so computer prob) i will post pic :0 i like your work texman
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I've got a model of a B25 made from "the other stuff" that isn't turning out that nice!! Great job so far!!
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Look at you go, John...chugging along and taking loads of pictures with your new digital.:grin: Very nice build, my friend!:)

12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hey guys I'm back from a work trip to build a house. Nice to be home.

Looks really good! I was wondering what you thought of the cowling design? Is there enough support the way I designed it? One booboo I made was putting the seam on top of the cowling. The drawings Ryan sent show a panel line right in the middle on top but I was looking at a pic of one of the Raiders parked on the Hornets flight deck and there was no seam so that will change. As always looking for suggestions for improvement.
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome back Will,

Yeah........... those are build as solid as a battleship:grin: I used all of them except for the last really small ones. I figured the shape would be self-defining and I think you could do away with those, only if you like.

My extra support in the wing formers worked out pretty good. This was one of the best wing fitting I have had. And they did not get in the way, so I was very happy with that. The only problem was I installed the wings on up-side down the first time and had to remove and re-print, re-install them correctly......... ummmm........ this was a builders fault:oops:

Just remember to add some line up tics for blind old dogs like me, and some line up lines on the formers. And it might not be to scale, but I think the thicker lines add to the model as opposed to the thiner ones. But I guess we can wait and see until after you have colored it.

I also really likes the wing filets................that was a good choice and really adds to the flow of the engine into the wing.

The seam on the top of the cowling is not too bad, but what I would like, is to be able to cut the cowling flaps apart and display the model with them in an open position.

But again these are very tiny things, all in all the fit and finish is very, very good. I think folks will be very happy with this model come release time.:grin:

Looking forward to adding some parts to the plane!

Thanks Will for letting me be a beta builder on this one.

14. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

1:32 scale? :grin:
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Pretty good Michael................. but at 1/32 this thing would be a beast.........sizewise that is. But as things are going in my opinion this would scale up nicely me thinks!

Not for sure, but at 1/48 this thing is going to be around the 18" mark on the wings span as is!

16. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well Ryan requested the 1/48 scale and he was asking about file delivery format and from the responses he might go unlocked PDF in which case you can have your choice scales but John is right this model is big already 1/32 would be insane in my opinion but hey we're all nut cases that's why we like this hobby so much.
  17. Texman

Texman Guest

Howdy Will, hope your trip went well. I'm glad you addressed the seam on the cowlings. I was wondering about that choice. Yes, I too believe there
    is enought strength in the way they are designed. They are not really load
    bearing assemblies, so it should work out fine. I am really running behind
    John now, but I am hoping to catch up some this w/e.

Ya'll take care

18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Sorry about that Ray:oops: ..................but thanks for letting me butt in:grin:

Don't know if I'm just dense (likely:grin: ) but on the engines I tried gluing up multiply thickness of the same build paper (110# card stock) instead of using paste board............. and I like it MUCH better than the paste board cereal box and such....................... I think I found the magic number for me was 3 layers.

I think Carl suggested this a while back and I just did understand...............:oops:
  19. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Well, since I'm the one commissioning the model - it would seem unbecoming if I didn't post a few photos as well. I've been quite busy lately between full time work and having been elected picnic chairman for the flying group I'm with (www.als-cannonfield.com)

Here's the start of the build from last night.

Probably won't work on it tonight as I have a wedding to go to.

Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

20. Texman

Texman Guest

Don't even mention it John. We're family and in this together. Besides, with you in it, the build seems to be moving alot quicker!