AXM's SHUTTLE M.L.P Build 1/96

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, Feb 21, 2008.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

If I can resize it for him then you will be able to print onto standard cardstock (no large printer required).......
    I use a standard epson printer at home:-D

2. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To Wayne,

You have full permission to make use of your 1/96 MLP files. Anyway, it's your design.I really have no plans in doing the MLP or crawler to a larger size. That will completely make me change my original plan on my website. I know people are excited about the 1/100 scale ISS, but that is an exception. In the future I'm planning to make some limited editions of the shuttle with some payloads in 1/100 scale fully detailed, but just a few.
    Wayne, you are a gentleman for the way you handled that member's question regarding giving me the resized files of the MLP. Guys, this is a perfect example of how we ALL have to act when working on someone's files. We have to ask permission to the owner. The one thing I'll do is to redesign the water nozzles I made to match the ones he made.I'll give credit to Wayne for that.
    Take care all,

3. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Cool!! Awesome!! Thanks Alfonso. It'll be a centerpiece for my shuttle. I hope it comes out soon.

Londonbluemisty: I know that you printed it on normal cardstock. but I am going to take advantage and print out some models and save some ink at home. (I'm evil...) computer teacher maybe letting me help her set up some new computers at my old elementary school and she loves my models so much, she has been the one who let me print most of them out on the school printer and doesnt mind much that I print them. So Printing them there might give me a better color and resolution as well.
  4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

oh boy... a few years ago these models were just impossible for the rest of us to build, and now... yikes!!! bounce7

This is just SUPER!!! Thanks a lot to you great people!!!
  5. DaDragon

DaDragon New Member

1/96th Crawler & MLP.

Hi londonbluemisty, :wave:

I've been following the thread. :mrgreen:

A 96th scale Crawler (and MLP?) is great for me too! More than enough detail to enlarge 133% to 72nd scale for my Shuttle stack. :cool:

Congratulations on a job well done. :thumb:

Staying tuned for further news.

Graham. :killer:
  6. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

First,I think that anyone who is thinking of making a 1/96 MLP/Crawler should take time on this thread to personally thank
    :inw:Sir Alfonso ,afterall he could of said NO!!!!!!
    I am doing the easy part in enlarging HIS design 150% and making it available.It is still his design :thumb::thumb:.

I am just finishing off a couple of Delta7's Gemini capsules then I will get back to my STS117 Rollout build:mrgreen:

I will then start to rescale :inw:Sir Alfonso's designs
    I do not know how to make these available to everyone:oops:
    Maybe a P.M sent to myself then I can direct you to a rapidshare folder???
    Any thoughts appreciated?
    Please be patient I am just a paper model builder like yourselves......

7. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I am happy to say that the credit is to Alfonso for his great designs and his contributions. Yes he did have a choice to say no, but Alfonoso is a terriffic guy and I think he is one of the nicest guys anyone could ever find, and I am glad he has allowed everyone the chance at his models.

You do however get some credit for giving everyone the hope for the 1/96 scale MLP and you gave everyone the realization that it is possible to expand. (lol..I sound so sappy don't I?)

anyways as per suggestion. You could resize it and allow Alfonso to put it on his site as an offer, or you can have Johnathan Leslie post it on his site and a link to help expand everyones search for models to Alfonso's site. It is a great way to get the site out there and into the public eye. (well..for those who haven't seen his site yet)
  8. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

1/96 MLP File Teaser

Hi to All:wave:

Still working on a few other things but I thought I would put together a 1/96 rescaled MLP file to show you of things to come:mrgreen:
    I have sent a E-Mail to Alfonso and he has given his OK on the format.

Attached Files:

9. DaDragon

DaDragon New Member

Re: 1/96 MLP File Teaser

Ooooh, ahhhhhh . . .meaty card feast! :excited1: I like it!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Can't wait for more! :wave7:

Graham. :killer:
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yay..woohooo....the beginning of an end. It's hard to believe they are retiring the MLP, Crawlers (who's names, by the way, are Hans an Franz for those who didn't know), and Shuttles. It will also be hard to look out and not be able to see the pads anymore. Especially for those who visit KSC and get to the observation gantry. I hope someone finds a way to make the RSS and FSS.
  11. Pad39A

Pad39A New Member

The rainbird deflectors are angled, I have allot of info on the hardware in the file cabinet and I have been to the Kennedy Space Center three times.
  12. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Congratulations on another SUPERB modeling project.

Following your progress with great interest.
  13. hesterman

hesterman New Member

Way cool....any downloads available?

Hi... I'm a newbie to your forum, and was looking for info / pix / models of the MLP for a 1/35th scale flying water bottle rocket I'm (attempting) to build...

If I get the shuttle part built, flying, and not crashing, I'll want an MLP to go with it...

So, please send me a price list for a 1/35th scale version of your MLP....oh, and can I get that in waterproof materials please? :-D

But seriously, really impressive work. I attempted to see STST-119 from the causeway in February, and was disappointed to say the least as I had to miss it due to the delays.

Has there been any progress on getting the files / images available for download? It would really help me whip up a quick and dirty 1/35th scale MLP...

14. obwand10

obwand10 New Member

how do you enlarge in illustrator?
    great build by the way
  15. atlas83

atlas83 New Member

Please share the fruit of your work and "thanks" to Sir Alonso for his help and his own works. :wave::wave::wave:

16. maddunk

maddunk New Member

Hi Wayne,
    Great model....... another to add to my list of things to build. lol
  17. ovation

ovation Member

Ive just downloaded and printed this awsome looking model,now to start putting it together,
    Im doing it in 1/144 scale,even so its not small :eek:
    think I might have to disasemble my 1/144 ISS model to make some room :mrgreen:

Of course Il be taking pics along the way,

JJ.. (JJ-UK)
  18. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

It's too intense to verbalize!:thumb: I'm looking forward to see the finished launch pad with a beautiful STS on it! Take care & God speed!:wave:
  19. ovation

ovation Member

Im having a few issues re: the water pipes,I thought Id made a good draft version till I test fitted it with an SRB,and they were too thick,

EDIT: I realised I was using the straws on a 1/144 scale not the 1/96 in the pic,
    Ive just done a 2nd better draft version,and think it looks ok,
    Just got to do the 6 smaller curved srb hole pipes and get it sprayed !

I can understand why upscaling to 1/96 is a good idea as Ive just not got the patience to cut all those small walkway handrail holes out,

But Im realy enjoying the build so far,
    1 tip .. leave the water nozzles and the tail mast towers off the model till everything else is finished,as Im constantly knocking mine off :cry:

Can't wait to start the Crawler,

JJ.. (UK)
  20. ovation

ovation Member

Il post a few pics to show it so far,
    Here are the 2 sets of pipes after a paint..

And with 2 srb's,as a fit check..

And after a spray with grey primer (ran out before Id finished)
    they are not glued in place yet,so theres a little bending of parts to be done to get them aligned better,

Ive actualy been thinking of giving the Conical Hold Down Posts a go (although the'd not be visable with the SRB's fitted),
    Any advice on the Posts or not ?