AXM updates

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Sir Alfonso is surely getting busy now with his models and website :-D

To anyone who have not looked for sometime, here's the updates (these are after the completion of his crawler):

Improved Shuttle texture with tile patterns on the belly (and hopefully the upper surfaces as well :-D [I have to take a look later])

Improved ET/SRB stack attachments

STS-120 Stack

future release of the Mobile Launch Pad

Future release of STS-120 payload - Node 2

Personally, I'm very excited to see his ISS model, as well as seeing the new look of the real McCoy after Node 2 addition and P-6 relocation!!! :-D
  2. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi Hans,

Thanks for starting this thread.
    Yes, it's been quite some time since I released the crawler. The crawler and the MLP have kept me very busy as you all can see. The MLP is almost to be completed and I expect to release it on the 27th of October in celebration of my 1st Anniversary online. I have done some upgrades to my AXM Shuttle models and to the whole Stack as well. Since the very beginning everybody knew that the stack was missing something....the attachments. Now is the time to show the complete model. These ET/SRB attachment parts were designed along with the MLP in order to make a perfect fit when standing the Stack on the MLP. The MLP will have all the files necessary to build the 3 MLP's.
    For the Shuttle's belly there are 2 versions, one for the Maiden flights and the second version is a discolored tile pattern. Because of lack of time I did not make the rest of the tiles for the whole orbiter, but to compensate this I added some details to the cabin windows as well as making extra parts for the Forward reaction control system module. These parts will improve the look of the AXM open payload bay model.
    The ISS is next and as a bonus I am giving away for free the Node 2 "Harmony". After this, all other ISS elements will be released in sequence. Every payload model will come in 2 versions: One as a payload bay version, the other as an Assembly version.
    Before the year ends the AXM International Space Station model will match the real one.
    It's been a great year designing all these models, and I'm very grateful for all those who made business with me buying my payloads so far.
    Next year I plan to put all payloads.
    Check for more updates to come and keep visiting my site.

3. Hans Christian

All I can say is... jawdrop :-D

The Best STS modeler's site just keeps getting better and better!!! :-D

Its ironic... just 5 years ago, I watched updates on STS-112, the first shuttle mission that I monitored on the net, with Pam Melroy and Peggy Whitston bost serving as crew members...

And now, they're up again, only this time they're the commanders... :-D
  4. Hans Christian

Well... its HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY for sir Alfonso's very successful STS models site!!!

The MLP will be ready by tomorrow according to his webpage, and the ISS is next!!! O-M-G!!! :-D

This thing just screams to be built for a diorama!!!

5. Hans Christian

Sir, any teaser pics for your ISS? :-D
  6. George B

George B Senior Member

Files are up!

Looks like Alfonso has the MLP files available!

Mobile Launch Platform :thumb:

Nice.....thanks Alfonso!!

7. Hans Christian

Hey guys... fresh from the forums!!!

this monster's getting bigger and bigger!!! jawdrop

Dr. Scott Parazynsky really did a great job on that P-6 4B array repair!

Well, I really wish this is STS-119, I really like to see the whole ITA completed... that would be a breathtaking sight, but oh well!!! Its still a compelling scale modeling subject!!!

Can't wait to do the AXM ISS!!! :-D

(it would be nice if the CAM and SPP was still on launch sked... the ISS simply looks wrong to me without them, but its better than nothing though... :-D )
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've been a member of that forum for a long while now, I've forgot when I joined. And it is the best space related site around, bar none, check it out guys.

I met Scott Parazynsky in 2001 while climbing in Argentina, very nice guy and very tall. He did a good job on saturday repairing the array.

It's a shame about the CAM module, but it ain't going to happen now, so lets just hope they get everything else thats planned launched.
  9. Hans Christian

Wow!!! You met Dr. Parazynsky? Oh my... jawdrop :-D

I was reading his bio a few minutes ago... and his achievements is just... wow...

I juts hope I could do just as well after I graduate next year... :-D
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Dr. Scott Parazynsky

I met him while climbing aconcagua in Argentina, he talks about the climb in his book. He was a realy nice guy. He made it to the summit, I was with a different group and I didn't make the summit, but I do hope to have another go.

Anyway photo included, is base camp after summit attempt, me with very burnt face.I think this is at 4200m high.

Attached Files:

11. Hans Christian

He IS tall... hehe!!!

We sure hope that you'll summit that peak next time :-D
  12. Hans Christian

Ok!!! Here's a detailed shot from Discovery!!! :-D

The ISS just keeps getting better and better!!! :-D

Its really nice to see this thing grow... Back when I was in high school, the P/S-1 trusses were the only major additions to the ISS, and now this...

this has been the longest scale modeling subject that I've followed... And I'm glad to see to grow :-D
  13. Hans Christian

Hi guys!!!

2008's just getting started, and it looks like sir Alfonso's busy already!

His ISS page has divisions now, to prepare it for the upcoming modules, plus many other goodies - like the MIR Space Station!

Wow, this will be the first time I'll see a decently designed model of Mir for years, since Yuki Yuji's model...

for the meantime, I'm finishing up Dr. Fortezza's modules and his Atlantis model for a class activity, and so far, I'm finishing the P-6 Truss, next will be Destiny and Quest - which will be put into Atlantis' payload bay for the meantime to make the models accurate for flight 7A/STS-104

as for the SSRMS - I asked for sir Alfonso's help, but I'm ready to pencil-draw one if needed... :-D
  14. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

are there any teaser pics for the iss...this looks like its gunna be an amazing build worth the wait. keep up the good work:D