AXM Shuttle Payloads

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by paulhbell, Mar 2, 2008.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thanks guys. I was surprised to see it, when it come up on screen I thought I had been diverted to this thread. Then I saw pic of the week, I nearly fell of the chair.

Skips car is going really well, so I should be back on to this soon.
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Hey, Paul, I too want to congratulate you for the POTW!!!

This project is simply AMAZING!!

Yes, my Shuttle was POTW last year. And here´s a tip that worked for me: look for a museum nearby, talk to the man/woman in charge to allow a display for the models, AND put a notice that say "Make these models for FREE", and then Alfonso's web site.

Keep it up with the project, it's great.
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thats a good idea, except the only museum where I am, only displays old military uniforms. My niece has taken a few of my other models to school and the teachers have shown an interest in them.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

ohhh ok :) I got the thought - only because the local schools and librarys host "Temporary displays in glass cases. Some even rotate from school to library or between librarys...

I was thinking that at least some of the models, if not all, could be displayed during "World Space Week" in October...

Either way - - so far it's a great thing you're doing!!!!
  5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

You've got me interested in these buddy. :D Normally I'm not a follower of "Real Space" models but this project has got me watching.

Looking forward to seeing more Paul. ;)
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Ok, after taking a longer than planned break, I'm going to start building again. I've had a lot on around the home and at work, so I've basically built nothing for a while. I'm not sure which payload I'll build next, but I'm going to build both of Alfonso's ISS models as well. I'll decide which payload to build in the next day or two, I have a load already printed off, so plenty to choose from.
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Nice to see you getting back on the AXM payload builds Paulhbell :thumb::thumb:
    It will probably Jumpstart myself in returning to my STS117 Rollout buildwall1

8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Ok, as a few people are building the iss modules, great builds by the way, I'm going to start with an older payload, 51-J with Atlantis. Besides I liked building the IUS on STS-6.
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Started again.

Just to show I'm back on the case. A photo of the first sat from the payload.

Attached Files:

10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Nice!!! Looks decent... :D :D
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Just a quick note, to say that this project is still ongoing. I have finished the 51-J payload, but the dreaded camera monster has appeared again. My camera has died and the camera on my mobile isn't an option, due to vista not liking the software for my Nokia. So as soon as I get a new camera, photos will be shown (some time in the next couple of days).

I have also made a bit more progress with the 1/144 scale iss, node 1, destiny, node 2 and columbus have been finished.
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

keep this one up sir!!! :-D
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I'm eager to check your progress, Paul!
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sorry about the delay, finally got a camera sorted.

First off a photo of the last build, STS-51J

Second, a group shot, including my AXM 1/144 scale iss.

I'm finding it a bit hard to get into building at the moment, I'm training to be a driving instructor, so when I have a spare minute I'm into revision. Should be done with the writing/classroom part soon, then I'll be able to get back on with the payloads/iss. I'm going to build the Kibo modules next, both for the payloads and the iss.

Attached Files:

15. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

pls post your images of the ISS model to the ISS thread!!! bounce7
  16. You must be able to build the fuselage blindfolded by now.
  17. Robot Exodus

Robot Exodus Member

NINE space shuttles? Impressive.

This thread makes me want to make six lunar modules for some reason.
  18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Imagine that!!!