AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

WHAT THE!!! jawdrop

man you're SOOOO lucky sir John... bounce7
  2. jparenti

jparenti Member

This project is giving me the impetus I need to complete my Fortezza models. Now that I know it can be completed, I'll actually be able to get motivated. :)
    I'm in the middle of trying to get the AXM MLP and crawler done as well. This is truly a great time to be a space modeler.
  3. Hans Christian

Another news from sir Alfonso!!!

The STS-124 payload will be released soon!!! But there's something different with this release...

Because like his STS-120 payload, this one's gonna be for FREE... yes, you have read it right!!! FREE!!! bounce7

This is his dedication to the Japanese people!!!
    (talk about a great way to express it... :-D )

Straight from his site!!!

here's a preview of sir Alfonso's Airlock, and the JEM-PS!!! :twisted:

4. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey there everyone, I am here to present a few pictures of my Dextre build and the STS 123 Space Station pieces, JEM and Dextre. Compliments to Alfonso for keeping me busy on this one. It took me 3 days just to make Dextre. I modified the model slightly in a couple ways but I'll let you pick it out. If there are any questions just ask me. Great model as always Alfonso, and now I am going to wait for Kibo. I hope it comes out soon.

5. Hans Christian

wow... three days just for the SPDM huh... :-D

A great piece of hardware as always Lucas!!! bounce7

BTW, my plan for updating mine would be like the actual assembly sequence... right now mine's already in the post STS-102 config like I mentioned earlier, and now I'm waiting for the STS-100 payload... but for the moment I'm about to prepare my Atlantis model to its STS-104 payload config... :-D

BTW Lucas, did you glue your SPDM to Node 2? Or it is still removable?

If it is removable, how did you do it? :-D
  6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

well Sir Hans, I am assembling it in sequence, but just building up the available pieces, none of these modules are going on until PIRS, and then the Truss assembly.

As for your question, I did not glue Dextre onto Harmony, Just a very good moment of balancing.
    Did you also notice that the arms in the first picture are down, and the arms in the third picture are up?
  7. Hans Christian

Ah I see... hehe!!!

Yup also noticed the arm positions... I bet you made some of the joints movable... right? :-D
  8. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

OMG this is getting out of hand

No pun intended...Nice work

John John
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

You are correct, Twisty Ties come in handy, haha (no pun). I just glued a piece in each side and glued the arms to it.
  10. Hans Christian

Hmmm... I'm tempted to try that too... :twisted:
  11. Hans Christian

New Hardware online again!!! bounce7

this time its the Joint Airlock!!! hurray!!! :-D

BTW, sir Alfonso also included the 1/100 scale version of the module in the same file!!! bounce7
  12. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

wow..It looks magnificent. Can't wait until he releases Kibo. Oh, this model is turning out great!!
  13. Hans Christian

A space geek's missing half of his life if he doesn't have these... :-D
  14. Hans Christian

Hey guys!!!

Sir Alfonso updated both payload files for the STS-114 and 121 missions to match the ISS model!!! Plus, he released the ESP-2 in 1/100 scale also, but that's not all, he also included the ORU configurations for specific missions also, both in 1/144 and 1/100 scale!!!

get them while fresh!!! bounce7

(hmmmm... I wonder when will STS-100 be "launched"... :-D )
  15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Cool, I just took a look at the updates, but i have no idea here, how ESP2 was taken up on both STS 114 and 121, how did that happen?
  16. Hans Christian

The ESP-2 was brought by STS-114 only, the updates in STS-121 depict the ORU configurations during the time of STS-121... The ESP-like structure on 121 (called the Intergral Cargo Carrier) serves as attachment places for payloads... :-D
  17. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi guys,

I'm glad you like the latest releases. I will release "Leonardo" and "Raffaello" in 1/100 scale, too, for those who plan in doing the ISS at its various configurations. Note that the old Leonardo and Raffaello modules had the visual target dots all over, while for more current missions these visual targets were deleted.
    DEXTRE will be released in 1:100 soon. Lucas is my beta tester and he has done a great job in modifying it a little bit. I'm talking about Dextre's arms. I have to modify them for the 1:100 scale.
    The STS-100 is pending after I release KIBO, which by the way.......................will be released tonight (7/28/08). As of last night I finished Kibo's robot arm. Now this model serves as a template for my STS-100 robot arm. That's why the delay.
    The arms are fully articulated even at 1:144 scale. In the assembly manual I will give some tips about Kibo's arm.

As I mentioned before, I'm giving away Kibo for free in a special dedication to the japanese people for the success of mission STS-124.
    Until tonight.
  18. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking forward to seeing the Kibo module.

I have just one question do you ever sleep? you must be putting a lot of hours into these.
  19. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Tell me about it. Last night was not that bad, only until 2am. Most of the nights I stay until 4 or 5am if its a Friday, of course.
    But I enjoy it.

20. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Holy Moses...Kibo...tonight?...I have my printer ready....I cant' wait.

and for those who would like to see my beta build of Dextre, with my modifications, I will be happy to post any pictures for you.

now then....*grabs me some food and goes to watch for Kibo. :D